House of ZAN Forum Forum Index House of ZAN Forum
This is the forum for ZAN group

HomeFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar GalleryGallery   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sci-Fi Episodes Day

Post new topic   Reply to topic    House of ZAN Forum Forum Index -> Open Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ravage
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:43 am    Post subject: Sci-Fi Episodes Day Reply with quote

When? Dunno....Where? Dunno... But it would be cool to try this, if anyone is interested. Judging from what everyone said last week, you all would be game for a day of just the best Sci-Fi episodes out there, in place of a movie day. I know you're doing Bourne next, so this could fall in line somewhere down the line, like late summer or fall. This is good, because it might take some time for us to decide what we want to watch.

Here's how we do this:

Pick 10 individual episodes of any Sci-Fi series (combination of series), and list them in order of importance to you. Yes, basically do your own top 10 list. Why 10? Well, I'm figuring we'll only actually watch about 6-8 shows, but also will take into account two-part episodes as one show. When you subtract the commercials, this really isn't a terrible amount of time. The extras listed are simply to have a reserve set of choices in case nobody agrees with your top 5 or 6.

Last thing...if an episode is a two-parter (like The Best of Both Worlds), note that you would like to see both parts. If it is an episode in a story arc, but not a cliffhanger, list any episodes that accompany that episode as separate episodes. (For example, the "retake the station" arc in DS9, or the Lost City arc in SG-1).

I will post my list shortly as an example, but be thinking about it!
Ravage
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. The Deconstruction of Falling Stars - Babylon 5
2. Frame of Mind - ST TNG
3. The Visitor - ST DS9
4. Blink - Dr. Who
5. The Lost City (2-parts) - SG-1
6. Inconsistent Moon - The New Outer Limits
7. In the Pale Moonlight - ST DS9
8. Girl in the Fireplace - Dr. Who
9. All Good Things (2 hrs) - ST TNG
10. City on the Edge of Forever - ST ORG

There are so many more as I think about them. There are some great Eureka, ST Voyager, Atlantis, and other shows that deserve to be on the list. I would entertain only watching one episode of a series, if that's what you all want, but it goes without saying that some series like DS9 are just chock full of great episodes.

And yes, I'm well aware I left off Best of Both Worlds. My favorites list may vary a lot from you guys, because I tend to favor more dramatic storylines than action oriented ones.
Grand Master Sef
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOST counts as Sci-Fi!
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose it could count if we split hairs, but I certainly would never vote for any individual episode of LOST, as they're so reliant on the storyline as a whole.
Dana
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suck at remembering episode names, and I don't have time this week to go look them up... so in lieu of making a list of "that one episode when..." entries, I'll have to come up with them this weekend.
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problem as Dana. I don't remember them by name.. I will try to get a list together in my free time.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Ravage
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, no problem...understandable that you'd need to look them up. Just make sure whenever you do put the list together, you can find the names. FYI, wikipedia has comprehensive episode lists of nearly every episode of every major series ever produced.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    House of ZAN Forum Forum Index -> Open Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: