House of ZAN Forum Forum Index House of ZAN Forum
This is the forum for ZAN group

HomeFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar GalleryGallery   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Champions Online

Post new topic   Reply to topic    House of ZAN Forum Forum Index -> Open Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grand Master Sef
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:25 pm    Post subject: Champions Online Reply with quote

Now I know I've all but sworn off MMO's until they change...but man this one already has potential. Why? Well A: ITS SUPERHEROES!! I know, COH & COV did that but guess what...I played'em & they sucked cuz of TERRIBLE game play. I don't know enough about the game play of CO to know if its good or not but what little I've read it seems to have potential & that counts for something.

B: Customization and lasting world effects are the plan. I'm interested. No decision is being made JUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUST yet but I'm intrigued.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/854/854288p1.html

See for yourself.
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh hellz yeah, I'm all about the total customization. That's what every MMO should have. SWG's was good for its day, but COH surpassed it, and CO looks to be even better.

I've already got super powers in mind, but I doubt I'll be able to choose them Sad

I like the part where it has you not only create your hero, but your nemesis too... and they periodically interfere with you throughout the game. Very interesting!
Forum User

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only downfall I see to this is names but other than that it's just going to depend on exactly what you can do. I may check it out.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
commandertracker
Forum User

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, MMOs...

It does look interesting, and the idea they give of customization with the hints they drop does seem pretty comprehensive. Better be; a superhero themed MMO really depends on customization.

Still, no details out about game play, so nothing to be enthused about just yet. Could be something though, but how will they make sure people don't just think City of Heroes when they see it?
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be willing to try it out with you all.
Deathscythe343
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds interesting. I liked the Coh/v idea. it is a great base to work with. the thought of being able to totally customize your toon would have its drawing power. only time will tell if its a better product than coh/v though.
musicman
Forum User

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might be willing to try this with everyone
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ravage
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read about this in one of Alex's gaming magazines here this week. It looks like it could have some potential, but there's really not enough meat yet to tell whether or not it will be worth its salt.

I'm very impressed with certain ideas, namely the creation of an arch-nemesis that could potentially be a recurring obstacle. I LOVE that idea, and really hope that it could be something really randomized, instead of just a series of set events (which could easily be the case).

I'm also impressed with the idea that any class can choose any skills/powers, but the cost is different per class. This is ingenious, and absolutely reeks of Ultima Online design strategy, only upgraded. So you wanna make your Hulk variant shoot lasers? Cool with us!

What I'm not crazy about is the art design and HUD ideas. The art is made to look like a mixing of cell-shading and traditional comic book art. Sounds neat to say, but really doesn't look like it packs much of a punch in practice. The screen caps I saw were very VERY lacklustre. In fact, I'd go so far as to say they were downright dull.

Finally, the HUD idea is to almost completely remove the HUD altogether, and bind buttons to specific powers. As a rather avid MMO'er, I actually kinda like a comprehensive display. I tentatively think a minimized (or absent) HUD would force the gameplay to be too rudimentary. They may prove me wrong on this, but that was my initial thought.

Lastly, though this is due for release (I believe) earlier than fall, I have to bear in mind that Spore, Stargate Worlds, and potentially Starcraft II are all coming...any MMO besides SG:W is going to have to look mighty good to splurge on. That said, I'll definitely keep my eyes on this.
Deathscythe343
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dont remind me about SC2. i still have to upgrade my comp for that
Post new topic   Reply to topic    House of ZAN Forum Forum Index -> Open Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: