House of ZAN Forum Forum Index House of ZAN Forum
This is the forum for ZAN group

HomeFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar GalleryGallery   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RRR

Post new topic   Reply to topic    House of ZAN Forum Forum Index -> Open Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ravage
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:09 pm    Post subject: RRR Reply with quote

Ravage Reviews Raw:

JBL/HBK...I'm so glad they didn't actually have a match. From what I've been reading, JBL is really not in shape to wrestle. That said, he's still the kind of heel mic work these days. Nobody buy Edge can come close. A great opening segment with the obvious sweet chin music at the end.

A battle royale for the last spot in MITB? And Edge's spot? Um...I'm confused. That just means he'll cheat and win it back, right? Yeah...it does.

Lashley = first guy to break the Masterlock? Okay, I'm a bit conflicted on this. I think Lashley is a good guy to finally break it, but the buildup of that move has been positively HUGE. There is NO REASON that it should have been broken in an insignificant masterlock challenge (almost an after-thought). Masters should have had a feud with Lashley in ECW, which culminated in a big PPV match where Lashley broke the lock to win. This...was pulling a TNA (shooting the big gun too early). And yes, I think Masters would be legitimate in the main event on ECW. Not with the title, but chasing it.

Ashley just disgusts me now. Those lip rings make her look like a robotic vampire, which is about how she acts. I've seen the Playboy spread...nothing special. Give me Maria anyday.

DAMN = getting old...Farooq is pausing waaaaay too long. Can someone please get a notion of comedic timing?

Yep, battle royale sucked. If you don't book Shelton for WM, then you're a freaking retard. Nuff' said. On that note...Flair and Carlito could still form a stable. I'm hoping...

Vince moving the barber chair for Eugene's match? Looks like they're finally going to kill that gimmick. Eugene will appear as Nick Dinsmore next week on Smackdown, maybe? YES, Totally! I think they should bring him in as the "Westling Genius" or "Dr. Dinsmore" or something...lolz.

Wait...WM is on April Fool's day. I can't believe that just occured to me.

Women's match...meh...Khali, more meh.
Melina's boobs...not meh!

Orton vs. Hardy...bleh. I do note that Orton's boston crab variant is looking similar to the Walls of Jericho. Ending...meh.

Don't care about Austin's movie.

*Yawn* Vince vs. Lashley next week...meh.

LOL, Cena just "You can't see me"'d the back of Benoit's head.
OMG - GAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAY
Cena beating Benoit by submission? That is the dumbest thing I've ever seen. I expected Cena to win, yes, but via submission? Please.

Wrestling sucks. Wrestlemania will suck, because I'm almost certain Cena and Batista will win. Orton will win MITB, Ashley will take the women's title. Kane will most likely lose, and of course Lashley will beat Umaga. There's no freaking mystery anymore. I'm exhausted.
Grand Master Sef
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll go point to point with my discusion of RAW.

JBL is still hurt, which is why I was confused by the match. Obviously he has the best heel presence in the business so they used him correctly in this manner. However, advertising a great match like that & knowing that you can't deliever on it is shameful. Good thing I knew it wasn't going to happen before hand.

The battle royal was pretty lame & was easy to see that Edge would win when he "hurt" his leg. Old lame trick.

I liked Lashley breaking the full nelson. I think they did it to make him seem that much more stronger for WM. I hate masters. He's terrible on the stick & in the ring so I hope they fire him. I think he's a legitimate wrestler for Retard Championship Wrestling tho.

Ashley is scary. Her match at WM will suck like a black hole.

DAMN = NOT getting old, but I agree that he's pausing too long. They need to use him correctly & it will NEVER get old. As its being used now, I agree its getting old.

It was pretty obvious Eugen was getting his mop cut. I'm glad he did. I hope this means a bright future for him as he's has bent over backwards with that gimmick for FAR to long. He needs a huge push as the Wrestling Genius on SD. That would be awesome.

lol, April Fools! WM will be performed by midgets this year!

Melina's boos...not meh! I conqure.

Not a fan of Orton...think he should join Masters in Retard Championship Wrestling.

Austin's movie seems meh. I'll watch the DVD.

Vince vs Lashely will most likely suck, aye.

Making Benoit tap out in a random match is terrible booking. Shame on Vince for doing that to him. Benoit needs to go to TNA, PERIOD!

No mystery in wrestling?! OMG! WHAT NEWS! Yeah, its been this way since about 03-04 really. The shows are built for people who watch in spurts. So they'll watch for 8 weeks in a row around WM then not return until Summer Slam. For us hardcore fans who have watched most of our lives...we are nothing. They don't even throw us a bone now & then. It sucks which is why I am indifferent with wrestling anymore. I still cling to hope for TNA (as their last PPV was pretty good). Oh well, I hope what you said about WM doesn't happen but.......there's a 99% chance they will, & that'll make for a terrible show.

BTW, did you hear that all PPVs from now on will feature RAW, SD & ECW? Obviously they've seen their PPV buyrates go down big time or this wouldn't happen.
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm convinced Vince doesn't understand economics, which is odd, considering how successful he's actually been.

By having nearly 2 PPV's a month this year, they absolutely CANNOT expect the same buyrates, even for the big 4. It's simple supply and demand. I don't think including people from both brands is a bad idea, but it brings up another problem.

The Brand split. It could end...and there's some good to that, I suppose, but what happens when we're clubbed over the head by both Cena and Batista TWICE a week, and at EVERY PPV? I certainly wouldn't look forward to that. Also, if they push this too far, you will see MOST of the current undercard released, easily.

Not only this, but Vince doesn't take into account the "captive" market. If you like wrestling, you're pretty much stuck with WWE. They definitely don't write their shows towards attracting people, however, merely minimizing the tediousness for those who have "no other option".

I'm to the point now that I put WWE on for background noise. If there's anything else to watch on tv, then I'm not watching wrestling (Damn you, heroes hiatus...again!). And TNA is a pretty sorry excuse for an alternative, I really think TNA management has even less of a clue than Vince.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    House of ZAN Forum Forum Index -> Open Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: