House of ZAN Forum Forum Index House of ZAN Forum
This is the forum for ZAN group

HomeFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar GalleryGallery   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Immortal Coil
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    House of ZAN Forum Forum Index -> Open Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grand Master Sef
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 10:21 pm    Post subject: Immortal Coil Reply with quote

This is in the open discussion for a reason. Nothing that is about to be said is set in stone these are just some ideas I've had.

Immortal Coil is a horde side guild based off the old Mortal Coil crew. I'm making the guild, no matter what. What happens with it is up to everyone. This could be just an alt guild or it could become a small nit guild like MC once was.

What I am thinking is this. SiH is a fine guild. They have proven that casual raiding works. Now, SiH hasn't done anything bad to me but they haven't done a lot to keep me either. What I mean by this is the fun isn't there. I love being able to raid but with BC coming, there are some changes in the game that follow. Raiding, is 25 man now. 5 mans will be fun & new. 10 man Kaz will be droping teir 4! Yes, these will all be hard to do but will be able to be done by a small nit guild instead of just huge guilds. I know I'd rather have fun in a small nit guild (like MC) rather than be just another face in a big raiding guild.

Now, I'm not saying that well all drop our current guilds to do this. I'm just throwing the idea out there to see what others think. I've already talked to some of the old MC crew about this & they are all for it cuz they are tired of big raiding guilds. They, like me, want a smaller nit group of people who have fun together, do crazy stuff but still do raiding once or twice a week. (Raiding meaning 5, 10, 25 man dungeons).

I don't know about all of you but the only thing that will keep me in wow is not uber gear, but having fun. SiH hasn't been too fun but what little fun I HAVE had has been with the old MC crew anyway! lol. I've got a charter started & still need a few of you to sign it even if its just for the alts.

I look forward to seeing what you all think & say. I'll be checking it & responding promptly. Just know that I'm not asking you all to leave your current guilds to join this one. This is just an idea, one that I'm fond of but still only an idea.

If everyone is curious about leadership & how it would be run. Let me say I'm open to anything but I like the idea of 2 GMs & 4 officers. The GMs would change every 3-5 months, would have to agree with each other on guild decisions & would pick their own officers. I know some of you might not like the idea of starting over in a guild but c'mon. We will all be leveling soon again & I'm ready to have fun again. Ok, I've said enough, I'm very tired & I want to hear everyone elses opinion. PORK!

forgive misspells & grammer mishaps...I'm pooped right now but want to get this out there.
Forum Noob

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I for one would drop any guild to get back to have'n fun, my only prob is lvl'n a horde by the Xpac.. but with help it can be done. and yes i know my avatar is HUGE.. ill change it later.. until then, enjoy!! lol
Grand Master Sef
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

d00d, Scott, yer avatar rox!

Sorry again for my first post being a little incoheriant, I was a bit tired & even dizzy cuz of it.
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allow me to both lend my support, and play Devil's advocate...
The points that I feel go in favor of this happening:

1) MC was tremendous fun. By far the most fun I've had in WoW ever, including our SiH time.
2) A small knit group should realistically be able to do most endgame content in BC.
3) Nobody's rules but our own to answer to.
4) We tend to attract fun-loving people, even in a small group.

The reasons why there might be problems:

1) A small knit group won't be able to do the 25 mans easily, and definitely not anything larger. We'd need associates from other guilds for this, and larger guilds that we'd need help from would likely tell us to stick it.
2) We'd have to make sure we had certain classes. In MC, we were very weak on Priests and Warriors. To be able to do the 10 mans, we'd HAVE to have certain classes, and there's no way around that.
3) I'm concerned that we wouldn't be able to pull enough old MC members to constitute a decent small guild. Further, a small guild isn't going to be able to recruit well, either, since raiding is almost a must-have for folks to play anymore. This might change in BC, but remember the 25 mans.

All in all, I'm in favor of trying. We should see if it picks up at all before we go about leaving SiH or anything. I'm interested to see who all we could get...everyone who plays WoW still should comment and let us know if you're willing to take your main out of SiH, run an alt with a new guild, or generally say how much you'd be willing to play with a reforged Horde-side Mortal Coil.

Just off the Top of my head, I can think of these "potential" members who are still active:
Ravage (Gootro)
Khar (Kess)
Alness (Peyonju)
Sian (Venious)
Marassini
Squidge
Urrgg
Zion
Legolen
Ronin
Unitile (Violenza)
Rivers
Twighlight
Mustis
Caslud
Marly
Calii
Nygard (on break from WoW, hasn't returned)
Wang (not on Medivh)

So that's 17ish (assuming at least two are a bust). I feel to get started we need probably at least this number (to have a guild that could function well doing 10 mans and such), and we'd probably have to enlist ourselves up to 30 or so in fairly short order. Of course, I don't expect most of these folks to come running back, either...though I know there are several of us who miss our "small" guild.

Now barring that, I'm still in favor of making a separate guild for levelling alts and such...but I'd really like to at least see who's interested. Would it be possible to get some more of the MC folks on the ZAN forums here?
Plague
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I for one love the idea, and would move an alt to it in a heart beat. I would probably not move my warrior at first until I knew it was going to work, but would bring the warrior to raids (5 & 10 & 25) as needed.

I am going to be getting ride of the MC&DS forum, and moving most of the data into a new guild section here on the HOZ forum. (no need having 3 or 4 different forums)

I am for it and have already signed the charter.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Grand Master Sef
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott signed up & he's interested. Cas told me he was interested, he left SiH before this came up cuz Horde side wasn't helping him. Linca is Sapphire on Alliance, she is a priest. So, 3 priests & a warrior. Scott, Chud, is a 33 Shamen. Other than that I'm not sure who would try this. I'd put all my alts in there & keep Kess in SiH until it takes off, np tho.
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All my alts will join (well, that means Boogeymon), and Gootro will join when and if it takes off.
Ravage
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy freakin' crap...

After reading Hakken's self-righteous post on the SiH forums, I totally can't imagine NOT leaving and reforming MC.

These people are so full of themselves it's ridiculous. They seriously consider the guild to be an abject failure if they're not moving forward with raiding. Forget the fact that they've built a fun community, forget that people are playing (in large numbers no less)...since Razorgore isn't dead, we're just a failure.

Screw this hippie crap. Let me know when to sign on.

Should I send a PM to Cali, Rivers, Sapphire, Twilight, Mustis about this? I'd be more than happy to lend a hand with recruiting.
Plague
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say go right ahead
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Grand Master Sef
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah really, recruit whoever you think would fit with us.
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that the only problem that we might run into is the dual-guilding thing SiH has. Im am sure that a GM however wouldnt mind giving us permission to guild toons in this guild since its just a group of real life members leveling and questiing together. Also there are already a small handful of members that are in this kind of situation. Theldar, Araigne (until recently) to name a few.
d00g
Forum User

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright I am going to throw my hat in the ring here. First of all most of you know I havent been on WoW for a while and one of the main reasons was because I have no need for raiding. I prefer the small close knit guilds much more over huge guilds with rigid raid schedules. I quit WoW because I got tired of not having fun, and if somthing like this guild would happen I would be very tempted to come back. Most of you know I have already done big 40 man raids in mmo's. I was doing them before most of you started playing MMO's at all actually. I much rather prefer small 5 man stuff, the challenge makes it very exciting and I like that. In closing, I am down with this idea, and it would give me much reason to come back to WoW, I will be keeping an eye on this and see what develops.

Chuddly
Forum Noob

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Screw dual-guilding rules, screw arrogant assholes and screw Voxstar, does SiH pay for any of you guys' accounts? no. Feel obligated to play rather than motivated? sounds like a job, and we all know jobs arent fun! .... so come on over to Immortal Coil! where everyone knows your name, not your DKP total.

/lick
Ravage
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chuddly wrote:
Screw dual-guilding rules, screw arrogant assholes and screw Voxstar, does SiH pay for any of you guys' accounts? no. Feel obligated to play rather than motivated? sounds like a job, and we all know jobs arent fun! .... so come on over to Immortal Coil! where everyone knows your name, not your DKP total.

/lick

I agree completely, though I think leaving mains in SiH for the time being is a good idea, just in case we don't get the people we need to start IC.

Great to hear d00g is interested! You know...worst case scenario, you all reform the guild, and some people leave mains in SiH, but still run with IC for all the smalltime instances and PvP. Many of us are toying with the idea of levelling an alt in BC, so that would leave more people playing in IC anyway.

The most important thing is probably getting Vent up for IC, so that the SiH folks can still join in.
Erik Dodd
Forum User

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may make an alt to throw in there but don't know yet. Kinda hard since I really dont have any horde toons yet but TBC will change that.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    House of ZAN Forum Forum Index -> Open Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: