House of ZAN Forum Forum Index House of ZAN Forum
This is the forum for ZAN group

HomeFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar GalleryGallery   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

It's Real...It's Damn Real!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    House of ZAN Forum Forum Index -> Open Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grand Master Sef
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:07 pm    Post subject: It's Real...It's Damn Real! Reply with quote

http://youtube.com/watch?v=E3cTydqNuvs&mode=related&search=
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll watch for a while, but I don't expect those people to have the first idea what to do with him...
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is cool, I was thinking about watch it again... I was talking to a guys and work that watch, and he says the story as got better in the past few months. So I guess we will see.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Ravage
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh? I heard the exact opposite. With Christian turning heel and joining Jarret, I was pretty sure the story had gone down the shitter for sure.

Of course, I haven't been watching, so I can't be sure.

They'll fail with Angle, pure and simple. They don't know how to use the real talent they have. Instead they push JJ, Sting, Steiner and the like. The Dudleys were SURE to be a smash in TNA, and they've largely failed, same with Christian...so I don't think Angle will fare much different.

He's the best there is, but being the best doens't make up for horrid management.
Grand Master Sef
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's to hoping Kurt can help them get their act together!
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oct 22 is their Wrestlmania. Its called Bound For Glory. I'd be willing to help pay for it. I say y'all get it since we will all be at the DDT appartment for the LAN anyway!
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

k, tho
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...hmmmm....

I will go with whatever you guys all want, but I for one say no TNA PPV at the LAN. It's just a personal preference on my part, but I don't want something that crappy interfering with the gaming.

Perhaps if you guys really wanna get it we could play some board games while we watch? It would be nice to have something unpredictable going on while we watch TNA.

I am so really not into TNA right now. They could be great, but I don't think Kurt Angle is who they need, though he certainly doesn't hurt. They NEED the following:

1) RID of JJ
2) RID of Vince Russo
3) RID of both announcers
4) RID of Larry SizzzBizzquick
5) RID of anyone who was big in WCW, except MAYBE Sting.
6) Rhino out of main-event status.
7) A Women's Division
Cool Paul Heyman, or another competent booker/writer.
9) A Strong Actor to play GM
10) Samoa Joe in the main-event.
11) To stop using people's real names when their real names suck.
12) A Square Ring - Except for special matches
13) To promote their X-Division
14) Character, Character, Character
15) To stop using fake crowd sounds.
16) Christian Cage as face
17) Less generic entrance themes
1Cool To learn ring psychology!
19) Push Team Canada...the best heel stable on television!
20) More managers to talk for all the non-actors!

Once they accomplish those 20, I think they'll be in contention with WWE. Until they get most of them...they won't be worth watching IMHO.

****Edit*****

Funny how it changed my #8's into smilies! I shall leave it!
Prometheus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So why did Angle lave WWE?
Ravage
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ever the consummate wrestler dedicated to his craft, Angle wanted to work through his two most recent injuries (much like Batista, only better). WWE finally said "No, Kurt, you're going to hurt yourself. We want you to take time off and get things straight, then come back when you're better". There is also talk that he was addicted to pain killers, and it's no suprise if he's using them, but I don't know about the addiction thing.

Anyway, Angle left and it seemed like a friendly depart, with him planning on returning. However, he found out that TNA would let him wrestle again immediately...so there he went. It's all a question of Angle just really really wanting to wrestle, and going to where they'd let him do what he loves to do. I respect that a great deal from Kurt, but at the same time, he's not doing himself any favors, and I really hope he takes it easy until his neck/groin heal up well.

It MAY work out, and the light once-a-week shedule may allow him to heal just fine, but it's not as good as a full-fledged year off would be. Of course, there is always the possibility that anything like this is a work...but I don't think so this time.
Prometheus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks Damin I was totaly confused on that.
Dana
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) RID of JJ -- won't happen, although they are currently phasing him out of the world title scene, if you ask me
2) RID of Vince Russo -- they just GOT him... plus Russo is now a born-again Christian, so I'm willing to see where that takes things. No one really knows how much he's affected storylines at this point. He hasn't even been there a month yet.
3) RID of both announcers -- Tenay can be kinda lame sometimes, but I've watched him for too many years to say he doesn't deserve the play-by-play job. Don West could explode on live television for all I care. Lord knows he comes close enough every week...
4) RID of Larry SizzzBizzquick -- Zbysko has been off TV for a couple weeks now, and has been out of the "management" role for almost a month. He's taking time off to write a book, and then who knows what they'll do with him.
5) RID of anyone who was big in WCW, except MAYBE Sting. -- Steiner's stint on TNA seems to be over, or at least on hold. He hasn't been on TV since the last PPV. Nash has been gone for weeks as well. They've been pushing new guys in their place. Eric Young, for example -- I'm REALLY liking that guy.
6) Rhino out of main-event status. -- he is... he hasn't been in the world title chase for over a month, lawl. He's feuding with Christian now.
7) A Women's Division -- won't happen until they add a 2nd hour to IMPACT. I also think it's doubtful it'll EVER happen because TNA is more of a southern-based wrestling style (aka WCW Nitro), and that never included a solid women's division.
8 ) Paul Heyman, or another competent booker/writer. -- two words: JIM CORNETTE ... he's been in that role for the past month too, lawl.
9) A Strong Actor to play GM -- see #8.
10) Samoa Joe in the main-event. -- he's very close now, very close... he stole JJ's title at the end of the strap match at the last PPV, and is still carrying it around.
11) To stop using people's real names when their real names suck. -- AMEN to that
12) A Square Ring - Except for special matches -- meh, I kinda dig the hexagonal ring, but it needs to be BIGGER.
13) To promote their X-Division -- it's doing quite well these days... Fallen Angel and AJ Styles are the stars of that division.
14) Character, Character, Character -- much better than a year ago, but still not what they should be
15) To stop using fake crowd sounds. -- AMEN to that
16) Christian Cage as face -- Christian always seemed uncomfortable in that role. He's a better heel than Edge.
17) Less generic entrance themes -- that will come w/ time as they grow... many old WWF themes were absolutely horrible before Jim Johnston developed the music studio he has today.
18 ) To learn ring psychology! -- with Kurt, that should start to improve... as long as they use Kurt in the right way!
19) Push Team Canada...the best heel stable on television! -- Team Canada has been disbanded for over a month now...
20) More managers to talk for all the non-actors! -- I agree... and even tho I don't much like Shane Douglas, he's filling that role for The Naturals, who just got their first big win at the last PPV.

Sounds to me like you need to start watching more Smile
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOLZ, so I'm a bit behind on TNA, I haven't watched it since I came home, because what was going on over the summer was so terrible.

I like Jim Cornette, and I initially thought "wow, this is a turning point", but wasn't impressed with him over the last couple months.

Didn't know about Team Canada at all...WTF? That pisses me off.

Christian is a good heel, but as a properly used face, I think he can be better than what he has been portrayed thus far.

Vince Russo I'm loathe to give a chance.

Rhino is still poised for main-events, as I see it...but you may be right.

Lastly, Daniels and Styles have ALWAYS been the stars of the X division...nothing new there. There's still no STORY to it.
Grand Master Sef
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) RID of JJ -I'd put him in a managers role. He'll never leave so do that. His wrestling isn't all great anymore.
2) RID of Vince Russo - If he's born again I'd give him a shot.
3) RID of both announcers - Yeah, West sux. Tennay is just as bad. I've watched him longer than Dana & I still think he sux. Yelling as loud as you can whenever a move happens is not commentary, its annoying.
4) RID of Larry SizzzBizzquick -Yeah I've never cared for him really.
5) RID of anyone who was big in WCW, except MAYBE Sting. Sting stays. Nash they just gave a new contract, oh joy.
6) Rhino out of main-event status. -Never cared for Rhyno much either, thats Rhyno with an R by the way.
7) A Women's Division -Yes please.
Paul Heyman, or another competent booker/writer. -Jim Cornette is the man. He may not be the best on screen man for the job but he will do wonders for the company in the long run. He hates Vince & the way he does things so thats a plus.
9) A Strong Actor to play GM -aye, Cornettes ok tho.
10) Samoa Joe in the main-event. -Yup.
11) To stop using people's real names when their real names suck. -Its called no creativity.
12) A Square Ring - Except for special matches -Yeah, I don't like their ring. Its an old WCW ring with this corners cut off, ew.
13) To promote their X-Division -X division bothers me. There is no low card in TNA. They have Tag teams & then all these insane high flyers & then the main event. So, you've got a lot of non-tag,insane flyer, main event guys in limbo. Its messed up.
14) Character, Character, Character -yeah
15) To stop using fake crowd sounds. -yeah
16) Christian Cage as face -yeah
17) Less generic entrance themes -yeah & Jim Johnston's were kool in the 80s too. He knows how to write a song to fit a character. Jimmy don't
1 To learn ring psychology! -yeah
19) Push Team Canada...the best heel stable on television! -heh, no. A new stable, maybe, but Canada is done & old & busted gimmick if ya ask me.
20) More managers to talk for all the non-actors! -yeah. The Sinister Minister with Abyss is perfect except they use his real name, lame.

I don't care if we don't get the TNA PPV at the LAN.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    House of ZAN Forum Forum Index -> Open Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: