House of ZAN Forum Forum Index House of ZAN Forum
This is the forum for ZAN group

HomeFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar GalleryGallery   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mortal Kombat: Armageddon
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    House of ZAN Forum Forum Index -> Open Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grand Master Sef
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:27 pm    Post subject: Mortal Kombat: Armageddon Reply with quote

60 + characters, Create-A-Fatality, Create-A-Character, October 06!

check it out y'all (even tho Damin will be the only one interested)

I'm getting it! w00t!
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was in Gamestop the other day (One of THREE on the island) and saw a demo box for this. When I saw Create-a-character, I said OMFG, WHEN DOES THIS COME OUT!!!!!?!

Yeah, I'll be getting it, too...the question is, how many characters can you make, how exact is the Creating system (can you do WWE style stuff, if so, we'll ALL have KOMBATANTS!), and how F"IN sweet is it going to be!

If I can't make US, I need to decide whether to make Schizm, Ravage, Geetro, Caramel, or one of my other usual character types, and I'm not sure, Oh! The humanity!
Wang
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Mortal Kombat: Armageddon Reply with quote

Grand Master Sef wrote:
check it out y'all (even tho Damin will be the only one interested)

O rly?

I have it reserved, and I have had it reserved for about 3 months now from when I first read about it in gamepro.

So Razz
Ravage
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adam = PWN'd by teh WANG

Incidentally, that's how the Indians got smallpox, but that's neither here nor there.
Grand Master Sef
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ravage wrote:
Adam = PWN'd by teh WANG

Incidentally, that's how the Indians got smallpox, but that's neither here nor there.

aye, but that is rolfwaffle!

I forgot about the Wang, sorry yo. I'm just used to only Damin cuz he actually plays against me. You never play against me in the new gen of MK. You used to back with the original games (1-3) but not the new ones.....cuz hey, I PWN in the game.

Here's an odd thing, should I make Scorpion? lol

Yeah, the CAC won't be as in-depth as Smackdown's CAW but it'll still be highly customizable. I'm looking forward to it. Look around on the net, there are tons of screen shots, some movies & lots of info on the game. & I guess Konquest mode could be its own game its so big! w00t! they compared it to Shoalin Monks style of game with the addition of all the normal MK game fighting stuff. FINISH HIM!
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master Sef wrote:

.....cuz hey, I PWN in the game.

Yarrrr, I think I be givin' ye good competition on the last two mate. In fact, I think we went about 50% on deception Twisted Evil
Grand Master Sef
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ravage wrote:
I think we went about 50% on deception Twisted Evil

Aye, tis true. I love the competition. I hope yer up for lots of play time with me on Geddon, cuz look at all we'll be able to do. Plus, I'll have to beat the game with everyone (as I always do) so we'll be playing this one for awhile. I might go borrow Deception from ya & play it a bit.
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

by the way, did ya notice there will only be 2 fighting styles per person? They say the game is more balanced this way (plus I'm sure it saves room as the characters are tripled. So everyone will have a hand to hand fighting stance & then a weapon fighting stance, even the big guys like Kintaro, Goro & Motaro. Also, air combat (like in MK3) returns so combos will be heavily favored (look out! its like Teken!)
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fighting games of today really don't appeal to me as they are all just glorified combo fighters. I love and always will love the traditional 2D side scrolling fighter games like Street Fighters, Darkstalkers, King of Fighters, and so on and so on. So in never playing against Adam with any MK game from Deadly Alliance on, is probably because I just really didn't get into them that much to play with anybody else. Now after the one lan party, I think it was the new years one, where the guys from the DDT err STD or whatever initials apartment had rented Shoalin Monk, I got interested in that game. That kind of made me think differently about the genre.

Yes I still play Street Fighter 2 Turbo on occasion along with MK2, my all time favorite MK game. I don’t know I am just partial to the old school fighters which are basically dead now.
Ravage
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can understand, Lee, not liking combo-heavy systems, but the most combo-heavy MK was MK3, UMK3, MK2 and MKT (Not to mention KI and some other less popular ones). MKDA and Deception are really fairly light on the combos, and have reduced them to mere short button codes per move.

I remember MK3 was the one that really lost my interest in the MK series. I agree that MK2 was sweet, but if you didn't memorize all the combos you were still screwed. MK3 was absolutely insane with how combo-heavy it was. I still have my UMK3 guide that lists all the combos for everyone, and it's just nutzzzzz!

Oh, and Street Fighter II Turbo = Da Shizzy, but not as much da shizzy as Tekken 4 or the last two MK's. Also, I own Shaolin Monks, and you can borrow it if you need to sometime. It's a great game, and I've already unlocked Sub-Zero (Scorp is still in there), so it's worth a try!
Wang
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ravage wrote:
I agree that MK2 was sweet, but if you didn't memorize all the combos you were still screwed.

MK2 didn't have combos, at all. Combos didn't come in till MK3. The only thing you had to know was the speical moves.

And yeah I forgot about Tekken I did like those games. I been playing the Street Fighter Collection for the Playstation. It has Super Street Fighter II and Turbo with Street Fighter Alpha.
Ravage
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the key to any good fighting game is a perfect blend of different ranged attacks, unblockables, and projectiles. Tekken is as close to perfect as it gets, I think, but the new MK's and the X-Men fighting games come close.

It helps immensely when you can (if you're quick enough) see what your opponent is starting to do and counter. Doug was definitely the best person I've ever seen at this, and after playing Tekken 4 with him, it got me more interested in MK:DA, a game which I find much more interesting. The older MK's really didn't have this element of seeing what your opponent was doing (except certain specials) so it was kind of "who can pop one off first".

I was pretty sure MK2 had combos, although nothing like MK3...I'll need to recheck that. I used to play MK2 alot.
Wang
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MK2 had no combos, this i am sure of.
Grand Master Sef
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, no comobs in MK2. The most you could do that resembled a combo was upper cut them into the air & then hit them with a fire ball or something. Nothing like MK3 which had a full blown combo system, where you could only do moves if they were done through a combo. The new gen of MK games biggest combos are 10 hits which is fine. I don't have any problems with that at all. I usually counter that arguement with, learn to play. lol.
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is EVERYONE that will be in the game...yeah, everyone is in that pic. So crazy.

Damin are you going to buy both Kombat & Smackdown? I may borrow smackdown from ya, cuz 2007 doesn't seem to be anything better than last years.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    House of ZAN Forum Forum Index -> Open Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: