House of ZAN Forum Forum Index House of ZAN Forum
This is the forum for ZAN group

HomeFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar GalleryGallery   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WWE Fantasy Salary-Cap Game
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    House of ZAN Forum Forum Index -> Open Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ravage
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:11 pm    Post subject: WWE Fantasy Salary-Cap Game Reply with quote

Okay, I thought I'd post all my team stats here, so that at least Adam and I can compare our game related info. If anyone else out there plays, then post yer crap here as well.

My Team: Sliced Turkey
Average: 168

As I load up my team screen today, here's my current roster:
Bobby Lashley
Carlito
Finlay
Chloe
Edge
Ken Kennedy
Kenny
Kurt Angle
Michelle McCool
RVD

As I play, I find it advantageous to find a couple headliners, and a couple solid mid-carders who will also periodically main-event. The only reason I see to even bother with undercard/lower mid-carders is to use up the last million or so without letting it go to waste. Hence McCool and Chloe.

I took Kenny b/c of the hot streak he was on, but I think I'm going to take him out now that they're focusing more on the entire SS. Plus, they're going to lose at Vengeance.

I added Kennedy because since he's just returned, they're going to push him hard...lots of wins, lots of finishers. He'll also do some promos, and probably win the US title soon.

Finlay was an early favorite, as was Lashley. While SD is resting on Rey, these two are really the workhorses, and you'll seldom see an episode they aren't wrestling in, and winning in, for that matter. They both have more wins than Rey, who I think is the biggest waste of 5 mil right now, besides Hulk and SCSA. I have considered taking Booker T as well, but it just doesn't seem he's getting quite the push I would have figured.

I toyed with the idea of taking a couple manager types early on, and tracked Armando Alejandro Estrada, Coach, Teddy Long and a few others, but it just seems they're priced too high to be really worth it. They appear in promos, but not consistently enough to warrant the cost.

I really am tempted to buy Batista, JBL, or Big Show, as I see a huge push coming for all three...however they're all so expensive I just don't know if I can warrant the risk, whereas I can predict pretty well how Edge, Cena, RVD, HHH and the lot will fare.

I agree with Adam about Sandman. I released him last week, and BOY am I sorry...I'm gonna get him back, fo sho'. I had Dreamer, too, but I don't think he'll go quite as strong, besides, his use of weapons isn't as consistent as Sandman.

Another thing I really try to do is take an even sampling from each show. I especially try to get the guys who will be crossing brands, and grab double points for appearing on more than one show. Angle, Orton, RVD, Cena, Sabu, Balls Mahoney, Edge, Foley...all good ones for this.

Wow, as I look at this...I'm tempted to take Eugene, who just may hand Umaga his first loss...but again, I think the outcome of that is too up in the air.

Okay, after playing around a bit...here's my revised roster:
Lashley - He'll stay solid
John Cena - He's gonna be big for a while, even if he doesn't regain the title.
Finlay - He'll be solid, and get more shelele shots.
Edge - Winning the title soon.
Kennedy - Gonna get pushed to the moon.
Angle - You just can't go wrong. He has finisher points galore!
Sandman - As Adam said...weapons FTW!
Little Guido - He is a STEAL at 2 mil! He's ranked #10!!!!!!1!
Chloe - Well, she ranks higher than Chris Masters!

Lemme know what your teams are like.
Grand Master Sef
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, for week 6 (this week) I am ranked 992

my team Zan Clan:
Edge - cuz he'll win WWE title & be on RAW, ECW & PPV
Cena - cuz he'll be on RAW, ECW & PPV.
Kurt - cuz he'll be on ECW & PPV & win.
Flair - specialty match winner at PPV.
RVD - will be at RAW, ECW & PPV.
Sabu - will be at RAW, ECW & PPV.
Sandman - singapore cane FTW! (btw, he was high scorer on ECW AGAIN! thats week 3 now.)

dunno who i'll pick for next week. i change my team every monday.

again, join Kurt Angle Fans league. I'm currently ranked #1 in that group of 16 people.
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That team sounds sensible. I didn't take Sabu b/c I think he'll lose, and the points could be better spent on someone who I think will win.

That's why I got rid of RVD for this week...

I didn't think Flair was a safe enough bet, though he will get at least a few special match points.

I really screwed myself over in the first couple week, because I didn't realize just how the game worked, and then forgot I was playing! I picked a bunch of guys I liked, and went with that...and it sucked. Angle is the only one still on my team from week 1.

About week 3 I wised up, took Lashley and Finlay (who've been on it since), and I'm doing much better. I wonder why the hell there's such a huge difference in our rank, though. Is that really just your weekly rank? If so, where do you find it at, I can only find overall rank.
Grand Master Sef
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my over all rank is 992. this is the third season i've done so i know how it works. there are rules, i suggest ya read'em.

i take guys that i know will have matches. yes, you get more points for a win than a lose but better to get points for a match with a loss than no match or appearance at all!

for example. RVD. I took him because I knew ECW was invading RAW, which means their champ (RVD) would be there. Appearance points! Then I knew he would be on ECW & most likely have a match & he did & won, with this finisher! POINTS! Plus, he's in a title match at a PPV! Match points, ppv match points & maybe even some weapon use & he still could win. I covered my base on him losing by picking Edge but I also knew Edge would be on RAW & ECW & the PPV. I got TONS of points during ECW week cuz I picked all ECW guys cuz they were on RAW, ECW vs WWE & then ONS.

so yeah, I would try to pick guys for the week that you know will be on tv. you know how WWE books (& its terrible) so just play predictable & you'll do fine. & don't feel bad about my rank being so much higher than yours. I know how this boat floats & plus............S A N D M A N ! ! !

lolz

join Kurt Angle Fans.......I wish Todd, Jard & Dana would play this with us, its fun & FREE!!!!!!!!
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol nope
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

but why? you watch all the same shows, why wouldn't you want to sign up & play with Damin & I? Its free, its simple. ??????????? Why?
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cause he be nub, yo
Dana
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cuz I have enough crap to worry about without trying to keep up with another game.

The whole thing is set up to appeal to people who like games of chance with a lesser degree of strategy... AKA gambling... and I am not a gambler...
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually (actually) I only deal with it once a week. I log on sometime on Monday's & check my team, switch them to my liking & then don't check it until the next monday. this is why i'm confused as to why you wouldn't want to do it as it takes the brains of a pile of meat to do. however, if'n yas don't wannas........das kool.
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whatev...I bet we could get Todd to play, although it's too late now to sign up...maybe in the fall.

Jayrd could probably play, and Lee too...they both watch often enough to keep up with it.
Ravage
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just posting on my last-minute updates for week 6. I just realized that this is really the first week that I haven't just pulled random wrestlers out of my ass (painful, aye). Maybe I'll do a bit better with my well though out roster this week.

I revised just now, based on the results from SD and Vengeance. I didn't see either, but I read the detailed results on LOP...and they're pretty descriptive. I also ditched Sandman and Little Guido, since they were only really riding on weapon shots, and that will no longer score starting in week 6 on ECW. I'd appreciate some objective criticism from the Sef gallery...

Week 6:
Bobby Lashley - High scorer, specialty cage match.
Booker T - Cage match, will probably win it, too.
John Cena - Probably retaking the WWE title.
Rob Van Dam - Will be on RAW and ECW for sure.
Ken Kennedy - safer bet than Finlay, since Kennedy won't lose for a while.
Kurt Angle - Of course. May show up on RAW, too.
HHH - He'll be in multiple segments probably. Maybe a match too...
Little Bastard - I think he'll be the cause of Finlay getting DQ'ed this week. That's part of the reason I ditched Finlay, he's overdue for a big loss.

aight, peace out darkies...
Ravage
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 3:33 pm    Post subject: Week 6 End Reply with quote

K, cool tho, bh,

Anywho, week 6 went MUCH better for me. With the roster I had above, I got the 4th highest score in our league, which I'm pretty happy with. Honestly, I could've been higher if I hadn't crapped out taking HHH. I figured with DX being so big right now, he'd be all over the screen. Pffft, one appearance? No match points? And a 5 mil price tag? Bah! I'm ditching him...especially since DX is banned this Monday...means they'll only show up at the end.

As I predicted, Booker and Lashley got me some serious points, and Kennedy was right up there too. Along with RVD that was pretty much the whole week. Even Little Bastard got me some points!

My big idea for this week was to take Batista, since he's coming back next week...but I think it might just be an appearance or two and not worth it. If he has a match though, no doubt he'll win...Definitely sticking with RVD/Edge/Lashley...probably take Finlay again, and have to get rid of Angle, since he's taking time off. *sigh*
Grand Master Sef
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

indeed. i got 956 rank! my best evar!

i droped cena, took edge again, carlito & torrie. torrie was just filling 1,500,000. i kept everyone else i had.

sandman - singapore canes FTW
rvd - double champ = points
nitro - IC champ, hope he gets a title defense win.
finlay - don't see him jobbing anytime soon.
lashley - might get beat up by booker this week but hopefully he has a match win.
edge - hoping he has a match but not sure. he'll have an appearance at least.
carlito - 'bout time to have a match win.
torrie - simple filler. the best for her price range as she could have a match or at least an appearance.

hope this week works, i need to beat #1 in our league.
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pissed.

The greatest RAW in a long time, but it yeilded a bunch of disappointments for me in my fantasy team.
Here are the negatives against me:

- I removed HHH, and he racked up serious appearances.
- I hired Nitro, who defended, but got a DQ.
- I took Mickie James, who didn't even appear?!
- I had RVD, who lost his title
- I dropped Cena, who got some good points.
- I took Lita, but sold her again. She had 3 appearances and a match win!

The good:
- I had Edge, and he made good points last night.
- I took Umaga, who won as usual.
- I took Paulie, who was on RAW. Bonus!

We'll just have to see how the points pan out. With Rob and Edge appearing double, I'll be okay, and hopefully my SD folks will fare well, but EGGGGGAAAAADDDD was I pissed!
Grand Master Sef
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

871 rank for week 6! booyah! week 7 is gonna be tough.

especially with SNME being on this week. Oh well, hope I can get a higher rank!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    House of ZAN Forum Forum Index -> Open Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: