House of ZAN Forum Forum Index House of ZAN Forum
This is the forum for ZAN group

HomeFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar GalleryGallery   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ECW 6/20 review

Post new topic   Reply to topic    House of ZAN Forum Forum Index -> Open Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grand Master Sef
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:09 am    Post subject: ECW 6/20 review Reply with quote

In an effor to talk 'rasslin' with Damin, I'm gonna give quick reivews of the wrestling shows I watch. This way Damin can comment & be like, YA YO I LIKE THAT SHIZZI TOO! I don't know what you watch Damin or rather what you CAN watch over in GUAM but here it is anyway. I'm gonna assume you can watch all the TV stuff but now the PPVs so I'm gonna talk like you've seen the show.

This weeks ECW felt a LOT more like ECW. Granted, there are still things that I'm not kool with but (& I'll get to those) but for now....

THE GOOD:

Macho Libre! OMG! HILLARIOUS! This fits the ECW spirit. Making a parody of wrestling is something ECW did now & then. This was priceless. First off, ya parody Nacho Libre, which was funny. The guy looked like Jack Black too but THEN you add the personality of Macho Man Randy Savage to it & ROFLBURGER! I laughed so much I cried. That guy's Randy Savage impression was dead on. He was up on his tip toes & doing the hands gestures & the voice was dead on. I felt like Macho was actually on the mic! Then having old school Macho-like sun glasses it was great. Of course as soon as he came out you knew he was being fed alive to Sandman which I am kool with. (BTW, those playing WWE Fantasy, always pick Sandman. He came in after the game started & he's lead with the most points since ONS. Those can shots earn a TON of points). I love the Sandman. He's always fun to watch & he looks bettr than he ever has. I like him having short matches but a good lengthed one now & then will help him on his way. He can do some insane stuff but he isn't quick. He takes some lengthy breaks between his spots but they are worth it.

Ok, next, Sabu vs. Tony Mamaluke (w/ Trinity) Call me crazy but I still like Sabu. He's insane & genocidal apparently (lol, STOP USING THAT WORD!) Its old skool, so they'll never stop saying that. Anyway, I only see Sabu getting better as time goes on. He's starting to fit in with the better quality of wretsling (compared to TNA) & is used to the WWE ropes now too. He hasn't sliped up since that first RAW. Mamaluke is great (& fun to say his name). I like him & hope he gets some more exposure. Pairing Trinity up with the FBI is great & may I say her medival style, black outfits are awesome (thats how you use a hot chick, not like Kelly, more on that later.) This was a short match but a fun one. I hope they give a little more time for ECW matches.

WEEEEEEEEELLL.......Well, its the Big Show. I'm diggin' his new music. It still sounds enough like the old one but updated for ECW, its perfect. He didn't even have a real match but a feud with Tommy sounds exciting.

Vampires. Playing a vampire in Oblivion makes me like these guys? Maybe. I've heard the one we keep seeing outside who stares at the arena sign, thats Mordechi (sp?) At least he's lost that stop sign thing. I LOVE the idea of a Vampire faction. This will adhear to the Sci-Fi Net Execs & be awesome. Gangrel, Mordechi & that Mercedeiz chick (who I think was the card reader at the begining promo) would be awesome.

Randy Orton and Edge vs. Kurt Angle and RVD. I'm glad they gave this match some time to develope. About where it should have been. It pushed both these feuds for the PPV this Sunday & was entertaining. I'm not keen on RAW guys being on ECW every week but I understand they mingling the brands for more viewership but I hope they start seperating them more after Vengeance. RVD won which means he will most likely drop the WWE title to Edge & go back to ECW as their World Champ. I'm fine with that. Edge & Cena will feud probably & Rob can feud with....someone, maybe Kurt.

Taz & Joey being on camera side is great. Its different from WWE & I like that. Also, to go along with that they black out the area crowd (probably 80% of them) during matches. It feels like a smaller arena that way & more ECW like, nice cover up while they are still leeching off the Smackdown crowd.

THE BAD....

Ok, here we go. First off, the crowd. What made ECW? The fans! The man eating crowd is what the wrestlers fed off of. A Smackdown crowd at an ECW show = LAMEOID! I think they are slowly realizing this as I hear 1 ECW chant during the Sabu match & a "She's a crack-whore" for Lita. Unacceptable. They are pimping some ECW only dates coming up. I hope these are TV & not just house shows. If ECW is to survive on its own for at least a year it will NEED small venues or even larger venues but will need to be ECW only, NOT Smackdown. ECW is supposed to be different & being different is the only way they will succeed.

Kelly.......OMG, boring & dumb. Do I like T&A? Hells yeah. Do I like pointless T&A? Na, sorry. I want a point. I like the fact that they brought up Kelly's noobish mistake but they should have ran with that as a running gag & have her continue to screw up. Instead, we get someone (CM PUNK? I don't think so) stoping her. That was fine but he didn't say why! Anyway, this eats up too much time. I don't watch wrestling for sex. Watch a prono if ya want that, kthx.

Cena gets eye makeup. Oh he has a small cut above his eye so they give him black eye make up. lame. He wants ECW lumberjacks for his match against Sabu this sunday. Thats kool. Sabu agrees & then everyone watches Cena walk away. They should have tore him apart at the end. That ruined the segment for me.

Time. I think ECW could be a full 2 hour show with all the people they have & I've still not seen. Maybe they should think about giving them more time ESPECIALLY if this brand mingling will still be going on.

All & all it was WAY better than last week but more still needs done. The main change is that the crowd needs to be 100% ECW fans. Everything will change when you have aggressive fans instead of 12 year olds who are waiting to see Rey Rey do his 619.

Thats it for now.

A little RAW discussion too, since I just started it. Show was meh except for the DX stuff. Classic DX all around. I laughed a ton at every DX segment especially the begining where Vince was walkin' through all the DX gifts. The alien was a nice touch too. Their entrance was classic & I'm looking forward to where they take this. Other than that RAW was pretty bland as always. The Highlanders are funny tho. Maybe they'll help some tag team matches start up again.

What do y'all think?
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a great idea, Adam, as I think a discussion thread (at least weekly, covering all 3 shows) would be fun. It would also be a great gear-up for that radio show, if you are still interested in doing it...

That said, I never get to see Smackdown, because there is no UPN here. I've seen it pop up on tv sometimes, but it seems to be at a really odd hour and channel on Saturday, and for the life of me I haven't nailed down when and where it's on yet. I simply haven't found when ECW is on yet...I have Sci-Fi, though. I think it was on last night, but I fell asleep before 10...I should have recorded, but I was dumb and tired from golfing.

Now RAW, I get to see almost every week, since I tape it Tuesday nights (nothing is live here except sports, and they're on at like 3 a.m.) I also keep myself up on the news through LoP and OWW. So I can discuss the ideas, but not the visuals.

From what I'm hearing of ECW right now, I would probably enjoy it, but not nearly as much as RAW. I don't think I miss SD, truthfully. The more I read about it, the less interested in it I am. No Batista, JBL, Orton, Benoit, Angle...WTF? I like Lashley and the gang, but seriously...

For the record, I have been playing the fantasy WWE season. I don't rightly know if I'm doing well or not, however. I'll make a different tread and post my current team, standing, and points. I know I'm in the 30k range in rank. I probably am not playing enough towards the weapon-shots though, preferring to pick guys who I think will be winning titles instead. (I just added Carlito yesterday...)

Now, as for RAW...it was alright.

Kane's angle sucks. It started off so cool, and even the initial emergence of Kane2 was interesting. However, considering it's apparent that Kane2 is NOT Undertaker...it's dumb. It seriously should be Taker, coming back to "resurrect" Kane's old malicious self. Then the two can go on a terror-streak through the whole WWE (through every show!) maybe each win a World title, or maybe take both sets of tag titles (!), and then both RETIRE. That would be extra-cool, and a good out for both men. That's not the case, though, and it blows.

The Women's division is still great. Mickie Jaymes is totally one of the biggest draws on RAW, despite being heel (did you hear people pop for her?). Phoenix getting injured sucks, but they can still make it all work, and I'm still very interested in the stories among the boobie brigade. I would have liked to see a standard match this week, but the bra & panties worked, since Mickie absolutely TRASHED everyone else, and Victoria wasn't involved (thank God!)

Vis and Charlie? It was okay...nothing special though. Charlie needs to go to ECW...or SD. I thought for a minute they were toying a heel turn for Charlie, which could result in the resurgence of the WGTT with Shelton...which I would totally be down with. They need teams, dammit!

DX WAS funny. Very funny. I am depressed, though, because I know the angle is slated to end by late summer, when Shawn needs to get knee surgery done. That's just not long enough for an angle that's had such a good and anticipated buildup (Since WM!). They could always add more to the stable, but without HBK, it just won't be right. Besides, it seems HHH is going to have a feud with Orton after Summerslam (so the rumors go)...so DX isn't going to last long.

Cena/Sabu? Meh, forgive me for yawning. Sabu IS the true glorified stuntman of wrestling, and Cena is his antithesis. I don't care at all.

ECW and RAW need to get off each other's shows. I know a little mixing up is good for cross-viewership, but it's definitely time for it to end. There's really no buildup for any of these cross brand matches!

Foley/Flair? Too old, too slow, too DON'T FREAKIN' CARE!

Edge will probably win the WWE title at Vengeance (I also added him to my team and dropped RVD). I'm cool with this...Edge seems to be credible as one of the top heels. He's one of the few headlining heels as it is now...considering everyone seems to be face nowadays.

Oh...and what guy wears a thong?
You just wrote the D backwards!
Dana
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:44 pm    Post subject: Re: ECW 6/20 review Reply with quote

Grand Master Sef wrote:
Cena gets eye makeup. Oh he has a small cut above his eye so they give him black eye make up.

Actually (actually), it was a small cut, but it was from an impact with the table. Even on Raw, at the end when he was trying to stand up, you could see the blood starting to collect under his eye & turn the lower side of his eye purple. It looked to me like they had drained it before the ECW show so his eye wouldn't have been swollen shut.
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:39 am    Post subject: Re: ECW 6/20 review Reply with quote

Dana wrote:
Actually (actually), it was a small cut,

yeah, i said that. thanks for repeating, nub.

Damin, SD is kool for Mr.Kennedy & Finlay & his Leprechan (who I hear they are going to call Little Bastard) I find the whole thing funny. Lashley is kool & King Booker is good but they keep yelling "ALL HAIL, KING BOOKAH!" every 2 seconds. (seriously)

You need to watch ECW. Its some good but still bad. They just arn't seperating themselves from WWE yet & its hurting them. Paul said in the Rise & Fall of ECW DVD that when they couldn't compete with WWF & WCW they didn't, they made their shows better rather than adding pyro or things like that. I don't mind pyro in ECW but they need a full 100% ECW crowd & NO WWE guys on their shows & they could really use a full 2 hours as 1 hour is over so quickly in a wrestling show.

I change my Fantasy team every week. I have Edge, RVD, Sandman, Sabu & Kurt this week I think, since they are all on RAW, ECW & PPV. So more appearances = more points. Join the Kurt Angle Fans league, I'm in it as Zan Clan. We can compete against each other that way.

So anyway, I'm not interested in Kane's angle now, they have screwed it up already.

I love Mickie but she is hurting with no smart booking. Hello? Why isn't someone feuding with her now? Classic Women's title booking. The champion is for show, it sucks especially when your champ has talent ie: Mickie, Trish, Victoria.

Vis & Lilian angle is old, move one. They had their chance with this & blew it. Haas is lost in the mix again. He needs Pauls help indeed.

I still like Sabu. As I said, he's getting back to his old skill level & I like that. He also brings out something new in Cena & thats a good thing.

Foley & Flair? Meh. This is a couple years too late. Yeah, I don't care. I'm sure Flair will win as Foley puts over everyone. I still don't care.

Edge will probably win the WWE title, but thats fine. Who else is gonna get it? Not Shawn or Hunter (I can't call him Triple H when talking about DX, its just......weird) they are busy with DX. Cena has had it enough & Edge is the only big heel.

& lastly........try to remember this Damin. The WWE has NO long term plan. They never have, they never will. They make it all up on the fly so NEVER believe what you read on the net until it happens on TV & NEVER think an angle will happen until it does. Back in the day (80's, early 90's maybe) they planned things better but now? Vince is a crazy, ditry old man & can't keep track. I would be surprised if they knew what Vengeance was going to go down like yet & its only 4 days away! I would never do business that way but Vince, Vince would because he thinks its brave or something. Whatever.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    House of ZAN Forum Forum Index -> Open Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: