House of ZAN Forum Forum Index House of ZAN Forum
This is the forum for ZAN group

HomeFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar GalleryGallery   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Darkfall

Post new topic   Reply to topic    House of ZAN Forum Forum Index -> Open Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grand Master Sef
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 4:37 pm    Post subject: Darkfall Reply with quote

Ok, I made a new post about this. I couldn't find the old one (if there was one) but here is a new one anyway.

I'm going to try it. No levels & class = kewl. Skill based on everything (hello, Oblivion anyone?) Also, everything is PvP all the time, which I can see Dana rolling his eyes right now. I hope you play Dana. Why? Well, MASSIVE crafting. Everything in the game is crafted, not looted. I think thats awesome. So, some newb can come in the game & fight a veteran & stand a chance (even tho the newbz skill will be sucky so the Vet will prob will) & when you die, everything you have on you is lootable! This is kewl! Cuz then, you need to go get new stuff, so I go to Dana (UBAH CRAFTA) & he makes me more Iron Boots (or whatever). Add to this Clan towns with raids......omg I'm in heaven. Last but not least........PVP NAVEL COMBAT! YES! WE CAN BE PIRATES!!!!!!!

I'm going to try it & try it with the Section One group. However, this probably won't be out until Christmas........2007. So we've got a bit of waiting.

What do you all think?
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds a lot like Lineage2 minus the navel combat. Lineage2 your clan can lay siege to an opposing clans castle with siege weapons, mechs, dragons, and yourself. Yes Lineage2 is always pvp, becuase when you start out you can walk up to anything and attack them.
Dana
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude I've been planning on trying Darkfall all along -- both for PVP and for crafting... the only problem is, there's a chance the game may never get finished because of how long they take. It's already been pushed back a year once...
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where the hell were all you when I was talking about ditching WoW for Darkfall 6 months ago?

Yeah, I'm there...I'm actually signed up for the beta w/S1 whenever it appears...well, if it appears.

Apparently they will feature BG's much like WoW, only without queue's and not really instanced (I think more like SWG's events).

Yeah, Lee, it does bear resemblance to the gameplay description of L2, however they seem to be planning a much more immersive world, which L2 lacked. (It should have some decent PvE). I compare it more to UO than anything...well, UO on uber-juicey steroidy goodness!
Grand Master Sef
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damin, its hard to drop WoW for Darkfall when it won't be out for another year or two, lol.

I'm sure it'll be better than LinGAYage 2. Its more than just PVP all the time, its a ton like UO (skill based wise) add the crafting & it will be in its on category. I can't wait.

I'm not sure on the BG thing. You're supposed to be able attack/defend your Clan Town/Fotresses. These are in designated areas so maybe thats what you mean by BG. I know they won't be instanced, it sounds a lot like base raids in SWG but the bases will only be in certain areas instead of everywhere.
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, Adam, UO was very crafting based, meaning you could create every useable item ingame as long as you built your skill accordingly. Unfortunately, vendors also sold nearly every item ingame, so it wasn't crafter-dependant. In that way, DF should be better.

And aye, it doesn't come out for another year and a half...supposedly. However, 6 months ago we were getting word that the beta would be released this fall. I still only give the game about a 30% chance of even coming into being...but if it does...I'm all over it.
Dana
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So here's a question for the peeps wanting to play Darkfall:

Are you planning on creating another MC/DS-type guild with just our circle of friends again, or thinking of playing with a larger guild like Section One or SiH? (Section is definitely playing, dunno about SiH)

Quite Frankly™, I think we should team back up with Section One. It's probably what I'll end up doing, anyway, because with a guild of that size & experience, there's always someone online to talk to, interact with, group with, etc.

I miss playing with them and goofing around on their ventrilo. Right now they're kinda split between Guild Wars, EQ2 PVP, and WoW. I have a feeling the group that plays Darkfall is gonna be mostly the same people who played SWG, since Darkfall is pretty much everything SWG should have been, game mechanics-wise.

I just think that if we start another MC/DS-type guild with just us again, we'll just end up doing what we've done in WoW -- leave the little guild to join a big one so we can do endgame stuff. None of us are as hardcore as most of the Section people, but we play more than casual players, so we're a big asset to a guild like Section.

I joined Strength in Honour in January, but only now am I starting to feel at home w/ most of them... it took a few weeks to get used to Section One when we joined it in SWG, too. I'd rather be with them from the start of Darkfall than have to try & find my way to fit in later.

Just my 2 cents...
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mortal Coil would be fun to start up fresh, but probably not advantageous in this type of setting. I'm definitely going with Section One, since DF is definitely their type of game. I'm already on their secondary beta list, too, in case S1 gets into guild beta.

I say we do our group as a guild only in the more "friendly" games like WoW...perhaps Star Trek and Stargate will be more along those lines...we'll have to wait and see.
Grand Master Sef
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well...

I have already said that I was going to play with Sec 1 (RPK) in this thread & on a thread on the RPK forums, so my answer is pretty clear.
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

like mud bh,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    House of ZAN Forum Forum Index -> Open Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: