House of ZAN Forum Forum Index House of ZAN Forum
This is the forum for ZAN group

HomeFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar GalleryGallery   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ABC pisses me off

Post new topic   Reply to topic    House of ZAN Forum Forum Index -> Open Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dana
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 1:37 pm    Post subject: ABC pisses me off Reply with quote

First, they cancel Alias... then Commander in Chief (never mind that they took the show off for 6 weeks and then moved it to a totally new timeslot without much promotion)... now they're cancelling one of my current favorites, Invasion.

It never ceases to amaze me how these networks consistently decide to greenlight a sci-fi series, but then cancel it just as it's getting really interesting. It's been happening for years.

Sci-Fi shows RARELY capture audience interest at first (BSG and Alias are among the exceptions)... especially ones with a long steady buildup like Invasion. So instead of cancelling these shows after one season, why don't they try having a little faith in their INTELLIGENT viewers who don't fall for trashy, gossipy, ridiculous storylines like Desperate Housewives or The O.C.?

So much for the "awesome lineup" I've been telling people about. At least Lost and Boston Legal are still on. I'm quickly running out of reasons to watch ABC otherwise...
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can't expect much more from a brodcast channel. thats why cable is so great. they have specialized channels for those peeps that like that crap. hopefully Invasion gets picked up by Sci-Fi (that way I can catch up too). Sci-Fi isn't understood by the mass pop (cuz yes, its too smart) but these shows need to stay. Sci-Fi could be raking in all kinds of fun with these good series being cancelled. I doubt ALIAS will come back (EVER, cuz they look to really wrap up the series) but Invasion could be picked up.

anyway, i hate brodcast channels for this reason. never saw Commander, but I heard it was a tad too political to enjoy. was it?
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually enjoyed Commander in Chief because it took shots at either side equally. It really showed how corrupt & retarded politics can be. Damin liked it too.
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "Bad Guy" was a Republican, but the "Good Guy" was an Independent. It was an interesting setup. The "Bad Guy" I suspected would eventually turn out to be one of the "Good Guy"s bigges allies...but we'll never find out now, I guess...

They didn't really get into real world politics even as much as Boston Legal does...
Dana
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Republican played by Donald Sutherland was the main antagonist, since he was on every episode... although he did do some things right. But more often than not, he was playing politics and only looking out for himself. He was one of those characters that you hated one week and ended up liking the next, only to hate him again 2 episodes later. Smile Kinda like Mr. Woolsey on SG-1...

They did have a couple episodes where they made Democrats the "bad guys," like the one where the actual chairman of the DNC had some young upstart in his ranks spike the First Gentleman's punch so he'd make an embarrassment of himself... the President found out and used political pressure to make the chairman apologize publicly on TV...
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, i guess i'd be into Commander........if it were staying around, but now? meh...i've got Oblivion to play
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

btw theyre changning the doc in Dr. who for season 2
Dana
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I know -- Christopher Eccleston only wanted to do the one season because he prefers stage & film over TV. I'm on a messageboard with plenty of British fans and they say the new guy is very good too...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    House of ZAN Forum Forum Index -> Open Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: