House of ZAN Forum Forum Index House of ZAN Forum
This is the forum for ZAN group

HomeFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar GalleryGallery   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TF2 Update Just PWND you!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    House of ZAN Forum Forum Index -> Open Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ravage
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:27 pm    Post subject: TF2 Update Just PWND you! Reply with quote

http://www.teamfortress.com/mannconomy/

Trading, crafting, item customization, item purchasing (similar to LOL, I approve), and an ENTIRE NEW SET of items for each class.
Oh...and set bonuses.

TF2 is still kicking most games straight in the AHOLEIO!
Grand Master Sef
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:09 pm    Post subject: Re: TF2 Update Just PWND you! Reply with quote

Ravage wrote:
AHOLEIO!

CORN-AHOLEIO?

btw the spy set looks amazing
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My twenty cents:

The Spy set sucks balls. Here's why.

First off, the Fez is neat, but nothing special. I actually prefer the spy with the less flamboyant hats. Not really a good reason, just personal preference.

The Knife, after crafting it myself, is kinda neat. For one thing, the new knife is really only useful to a Cloack n Dagger spy, as the DR spy needs the disguise to initiate combat (or just bum rush, I guess). The knife would work alright with the regular watch as well, although with a cloak as your ONLY hiding tool, it's really best used with CnD. The quick-change disguise works fairly well in tight quarters, and is more confusing than just "obvious-spy-is-obvious" knifing multiple people in a row. It is also very nice to immediately be disguised as the person you killed. This makes the disguise itself much more believeable.

There's where the pro's end and the con's begin. Since you can't disguise without stabbing, a missed attack means you start over, as does any attack with a pistol. It also means certain disguises are very difficult to assume, namely Scout and Pyro, which are really two of my bread and butter skins. Also, my personal disguise strategy is to NEVER disguise as a Heavy or Soldier. With this knife, killing one of those 2 immediately slows you. Not good. Finally, it makes nested engi's impossible to kill. Stab/Sap combo is now gone. This is BAAAAAAAAAAD.

Overall verdict on the knife = it's fun, but a downgrade. Use it on Arena and prosper, use it anywhere else and be useless.

The pistol just sucks. I don't know what they were thinking. If you're shooting someone as a spy, you want to KILL THEM. This is why the Ambassador is pure sexy. Taking away pistol damage for ANYTHING besides HP is crazy. No, that extra cloak is not going to save your life. This gun doesn't even do anything for the DR spy at all! Maybe...MAYYYYYYBE if it was an automatic tradeoff dmg for cloak it would be viable (if still questionable), but relying on you actually hitting them to get that cloak recharge? Gay.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    House of ZAN Forum Forum Index -> Open Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: