House of ZAN Forum Forum Index House of ZAN Forum
This is the forum for ZAN group

HomeFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar GalleryGallery   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Graphic Design Jobs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    House of ZAN Forum Forum Index -> Open Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ravage
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:34 pm    Post subject: Graphic Design Jobs Reply with quote

Yo...primarily for Dana and Adam...

OSU currently has 3 openings for graphic designers. One closes today, so that's short notice.
The other two have more time on the postings...you might want to check them out.

As always, if anyone ever wants to apply for an OSU job, let me know. I know the tricks to get higher scores on the application grading processes.
Deathscythe343
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didnt think that sleeping with the HR chick was a "trick"
Dana
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting these -- but the more I think about it, the more sure I am that graphic design is definitely NOT what I want to move into. I did a little of it in my old job, but only a little bit... and doing it on the side at home in the evenings has taught me that I have no passion for it anymore whatsoever.

As soon as I stumble across something that I DO end up having a passion for, I'll let you know...
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i will take a graphic design job with OSU any day

give me tips

i actually got one of my apps (for the marketing dept graphic design job) referred but still haven't heard from anyone. also, when i call for a status report everyone acts like dolts with the fingers in their ears.
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the best tips I can give you are these:

- When you apply, before sending the application, send ME your resume, cover letter, and copy of the actual application (it will be available on the site shortly before you submit the whole package), so that I can look at it.
- Always submit resume and cover letter. Always. Both. Always.
- Read the position description carefully. Point for point in your resume AND application, refer to how you meet all of the required and recommended qualifications. No exceptions, tell how you meet each of the criteria. Scoring is based on how many of these a person is able to prove they meet. Don't be afraid to copy the language verbatim, even, just to make sure the application grader understands.
- Resume: Bullet-point that beeyotch.
- Resume, Application, and Cover letter: Briefly describe your past jobs that don't have relevance, but don't go into great detail. Save the detail for the experience that IS relevant to the job. This will make it appear you have more experience than you actually do, even if the dates don't match up. A pretty proven method for making it look like you know more than you do.
- Have your wife read it...she's a grammar Nazi too...always good to have a 2nd set of eyes.
Grand Master Sef
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i did as ya said. had ry look it over. should be good. i've got my last few referred but never get that final call. i really wanna work for OSU kthx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    House of ZAN Forum Forum Index -> Open Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: