House of ZAN Forum Forum Index House of ZAN Forum
This is the forum for ZAN group

HomeFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar GalleryGallery   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

STO
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    House of ZAN Forum Forum Index -> Open Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Fleet Name?
Favor the Bold
66%
 66%  [ 6 ]
Shades of Grey
33%
 33%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 9

Grand Master Sef
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purge seems to be the option that everyone can deal with. I say one of you EVE peeps finds out if they are playing & if they are, let them know they may have some people to join up.

I'm kool with waiting to join but if we're going to join, say, Purge, then I don't want to start a character on a server that they won't be on, unless STO doesn't have servers. I'm not real sure about that honestly. I also plan to play more than 2 months. I played WOW more than 2 months EACH time I played (its was more like 2 years the first time & 11 months the second but hey, I guess that adds up to 2 months). I'm obviously with Damin & want to PvP but I'm interested in the end game PvE as well (as long as 5+ hours at one sitting aren't required. As anything more than 4 hours at one sitting, just to accomplish 1 goal, is not gaming for fun anymore but rather a job that I don't get paid for.)
Forum User

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, since I have never been a part of guild, my only concern would be: are we gonna get "forced" into playing campaigns that we don't want to? My impression has been that groups can get together and form a starbase. They haven't said how many people form a base, tho. So in a massive group of people would we get drown-out? Just asking. I guess I would feel more comfortable if we made a base made up of HOZ folks, and could kinda do our thing. But I will gladly defer to the expertise of the group in these matters.

I know am totally psyched about this game, but I honestly doubt I'll have the time to advance very quickly, unless we have a ton of snow-days this year. Spring just gets insanely busy around here. Plus, I have heard that SC-2 is due out by June (read it in a mainline news-thingie a while back). So, my concern would be investing a lot of time in STO not knowing if interest will disappear when SC-2 comes out..... assuming it actually DOES come out in 2010 (Blizzard is renown for moving release dates). Any thoughts?
Dana
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starcraft 2 will definitely NOT be pulling me away from STO, unless by some slim margin STO turns out to be a turd!
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Part of the reason why we debate joining certain guilds, Daniel, is because there are some where your own "playstyle" matters more than others. Jared and I left an EVE guild earlier in the year for exactly the reason that they were incredibly inflexible. We've fared well other than that, though. S1 is hardcore PvP, but lets their members do whatever they like, SiH was hardcore PvE, but basically allowed the same degree of freedom, and PURGE is halfway between the two, also allowing personal freedom.

We won't stay in a guild where we'd be "drowned out", so no worries!
Admiral Trell
Forum User

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ravage wrote:
Part of the reason why we debate joining certain guilds, Daniel, is because there are some where your own "playstyle" matters more than others. Jared and I left an EVE guild earlier in the year for exactly the reason that they were incredibly inflexible. We've fared well other than that, though. S1 is hardcore PvP, but lets their members do whatever they like, SiH was hardcore PvE, but basically allowed the same degree of freedom, and PURGE is halfway between the two, also allowing personal freedom.

We won't stay in a guild where we'd be "drowned out", so no worries!

Alright, sounds good
commandertracker
Forum User

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bit of a rough call here.

I'll be the first to say it - I don't care about PVP. Not one tiny bit. I want to delve into the universe, develop a character, explore the story. From what I understand of things so far, I can do that without a group.

Now, the more the merrier I say, so I'll mostly follow into whatever group we end up going to. A good support structure will help us go far. I expect my schedule to constrict what I can do with the rest of you (at least at first) so It'd be good to have others around to.

Any guild we join can have any focus they want: PVP, PVE, or both. As long as I can play the way I want to - if we join a group that expects to manage my playtime, force attendance, or force to direct me into PVP, I'm out. I'll not be going back to that.

Since I can't imagine we'll go in that direction again though, I'm sure I'll be fine with wherever we end up. I've never played a game with Section I and I never did join Purge either (stopped playing EVE a couple months ago) so either of those would be new and interesting for me. I wouldn't have a problem with SiH either provided they don't fall into what I listed above.
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

commandertracker wrote:
I'll be the first to say it - I don't care about PVP. Not one tiny bit. I want to delve into the universe, develop a character, explore the story. From what I understand of things so far, I can do that without a group.

Toad, I totally understand. I wanna do the exact same thing. However, I want a guild that none of us is forced to do any one thing but has the options to do whatever. I'm interested in PvP for a good end game option as all MMOs run out of content to do from time to time. I'm MORE than willing to attempt end game PvE content as well but I don't want to have to put more than 4 hours at one sitting to get anything done. Rather, I'm hoping to have to put like 50+ hours over as much time as I desire, in order to obtain X. If that makes sense.

With this said, nothing is going to pull me away from STO unless it completely sucks. However, I'm not gonna hit it as hard as I have hit other MMOs in the past. I plan to take my time & enjoy the game. So, Daniel, you & I may be played a lot together.

As far as guilds go, Section 1 or Purge seem like good ideas. I prefer Section 1 just because I know how they operate & they run a good ship. Plus, they allow us to be ourselves & do what we want since we've been with them for awhile. I'd rather not have just a HoZ guild. We won't get as much done. Plus, Jard will end up running it & getting stressed that we can't play as much as he can. So, if we join a guild with more people available, then those of us that can't play every night, will have to freedom to do just that.

Make sense?
Forum User

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master Sef wrote:
commandertracker wrote:

Toad, I totally understand. I wanna do the exact same thing. However, I want a guild that none of us is forced to do any one thing but has the options to do whatever. I'm interested in PvP for a good end game option as all MMOs run out of content to do from time to time. I'm MORE than willing to attempt end game PvE content as well but I don't want to have to put more than 4 hours at one sitting to get anything done. Rather, I'm hoping to have to put like 50+ hours over as much time as I desire, in order to obtain X. If that makes sense.

With this said, nothing is going to pull me away from STO unless it completely sucks. However, I'm not gonna hit it as hard as I have hit other MMOs in the past. I plan to take my time & enjoy the game. So, Daniel, you & I may be played a lot together.

As far as guilds go, Section 1 or Purge seem like good ideas. I prefer Section 1 just because I know how they operate & they run a good ship. Plus, they allow us to be ourselves & do what we want since we've been with them for awhile. I'd rather not have just a HoZ guild. We won't get as much done. Plus, Jard will end up running it & getting stressed that we can't play as much as he can. So, if we join a guild with more people available, then those of us that can't play every night, will have to freedom to do just that.

Make sense?

This all makes sense to me. I'd love us to be able to just have a ZAN group and play together, but the days of all of us having the ability/time for that are long gone.

And yeah, unless STO totally blows, I'm in it for the duration - well, at least until Diablo III anyway Wink

So a larger guild will be great for us, so long as its an open/flexible one.
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was talking to a couple of co-workers today and all I had to mention is that there was a game in the works and they were completely sold. When the game gets closer I will talk to them some more. We might have 2 more for out fleet
Deathscythe343
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was looking at some of the pre-order stuff today on the main site and it seems that while there is a base bonus package there will be different bonuses based on where you order from. I also read that if someone wanted to they could get multiple pre-order bonuses and that would could all be applied. It seems that the only 2 that cant be are the Trill racial selection and the 500pt boost at starting.
commandertracker
Forum User

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had read the same, though I didnt' know that the trill racial couldn't be mixed in with the others (that's the one I'm aiming for too).
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trill? lol This brings up a fun topic:

What race do you plan to be?

I'm TOTALLY going Andorian. Blue Antennae 4TW!
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im going human. it works. i am although aiming for the amazon order since with it you get a special borg bridge officer
Wang
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, just pre-ordered my copy today, probably be back online by then so I will join you all. Yes I live. I was looking around and haven't seen if Romulans are playable but alas I will have to chose something. Did get into the beta, probably won't get to play it till tomorrow until I get off work and go back to GameTek.

PS. Wow over 1000 posts that haven't been read..... gotta catch up. And sorry about missing another new years, I was helping the (PSYCHO) sister-in-law move into her new place.
Dana
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cmon guyse is taht rilley furryus gazzebbo or r my eyes palying trixx on me lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    House of ZAN Forum Forum Index -> Open Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 4 of 12

Jump to: