House of ZAN Forum Forum Index House of ZAN Forum
This is the forum for ZAN group

HomeFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar GalleryGallery   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

STO
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    House of ZAN Forum Forum Index -> Open Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Fleet Name?
Favor the Bold
66%
 66%  [ 6 ]
Shades of Grey
33%
 33%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 9

Ravage
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there's obviously going to be some treading on Lore just to get enough ship classes in the game.

The non-expanded universe did not really detail many ship classes...so they would benefit from simply making some up. As a lot of the technical manuals, novels, and whatnot are not canon, you might not find that the game uses that information at all.

I'm also thinking some of this chart is BS, although it makes sense, mostly.
Admiral Trell
Forum User

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh, fleet update....

Fleet Action
Grand Master Sef
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just pre-ordered this at Game Stop, online. Jard told me about a good deal at Best Buy but got an email about one at Game Stop.

The Game Stop deal is that you pre-order & get the Enterprise NCC 1701 in game ship 4 free, beta access on Jan 11th & 2 day early pass into the game when it hits. Also, you don't have to pay for the game until you pick it up in a store (you can assign a store to have it shipped to when order)

GO GET TIT!
Forum User

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master Sef wrote:
just pre-ordered this at Game Stop, online. Jard told me about a good deal at Best Buy but got an email about one at Game Stop.

The Game Stop deal is that you pre-order & get the Enterprise NCC 1701 in game ship 4 free, beta access on Jan 11th & 2 day early pass into the game when it hits. Also, you don't have to pay for the game until you pick it up in a store (you can assign a store to have it shipped to when order)

GO GET TIT!

Yep, might be time to do that. What is the Best Buy deal though?
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh...so there will be thousands of OS Enterprises running around on launch...that sounds kinda gay.

However, preordering may be a possibility. I don't like doing this usually because it actually ends up causing a play-time delay sometimes, which is exactly what one preorders to avoid.

I digress, however, I'll certainly be playing, Crappy Enterprise or not.
Grand Master Sef
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the OS Enterprise is just a fun toy to have. I figure everyone will be using theirs in the first day or two and then as a fun toy from now & then. However, I SERIOUSLY doubt people will KEEP this ship as their main ship as the others will be better.
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure that's the case, it'll just be weird seeing so many upon launch.
Plague
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

quote from gamestop site

"Reserve Star Trek Online and receive a GameStop exclusive in-game Starfleet Constitution Class Starship. This unique, upgradable starship comes equipped with blue phasers and an extra engineering station mod slot. Available online and in-store while supplies last."

This ship you get isn't the enterprise, it is just a Constitution Class. so yes, enterpriseish, but not enterprise.

The bestbuy deal, has pretty much the same deal as gamestop... the only difference is instead of a ship, you get a klingon targ or a tribble pet.

I am going for the tribble myself.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Dana
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In that case, I think I'll go for the Constitution class. It sounds like it would come in handy with the extra engineering slot.
Forum User

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this video....

Starbase 24 Under Seige video
Grand Master Sef
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I offer some interesting videos that got me excited for STO. This is a game play video of the beginning of an episode.

Link

this one is just a ton of pix but it documents what some guy did over a weekend in the BETA. Pretty sweet stuff! Neat song too.

Link

Forum Legend

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also wanna get the discussion going toward who we will be guilding with. Obviously its better for our group to be apart of a larger one since we can't all always be online together. So, apparently, after some vent speak, some of us plan to join Strength in Honour (whos name makes me wanna stab my eyeballs) and others have spoken about NOT joining Section 1 because they're too hardcore.

So I ask: What shall we do?

No matter what, I feel we should do it together. I also feel that we should join a larger, more established guild in case some of us decide to not play STO forever (as this concern has been brought up as well). For my 2 cents, I've always loved teaming with Section 1. They're hardcore, sure, but we're always welcome to do anything with them. Bottom line...I've never NOT had fun with them. I've played SWG, WOW, BF2, L4D & L4D2 with people of Section 1 & always had fun. This has to be an option. I know some say that they only PvP but I feel STO will have some great PvP in it. While that isn't always everyones cup of Joe, they can always do the hardcore end game stuff too.

So...lets all try to get on the same page about this before Feb. shall we?
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't plan on joining ANY guild for at least the first month, unless the gameplay proves to be heavily group-oriented. Once I get a good feel for how advanced gameplay will be, then I'll decide... but I am definitely not joining SiH.
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, while there are a few people in SiH that I enjoyed (oddly, Lexan was one of them), the bulk of the guild brought new meaning to the old phrase "retards humping a doorknob", because that's exactly what day to day life felt like in SiH...not to mention the fact that their guild name sucks donkey balls.

For me, I am going to join S1 if they play, simply because I know their goals match mine. I AM PvP, and will not play STO for long if there isn't meaningful and varied PvP available (even if it takes an expansion to fully develop).

That said, I'm not sure they're really going to play. I've only heard a couple of them say they were even interested, so it's probably a non-issue. They're looking more forward to SW:TOR (of which I care very little). What we MIGHT want to do is look into if PURGE is going to have a presence. That is the group Jared, Josh and I joined in EVE, and they were a really cool group of guys who struck a really nice balance between PvP and PvE. Their guild is like S1 in that they play almost every MMO, you just have to join up with one to gain access to all.

Really, I'm fine with us just making a new Mini-Mortal-Coil for the time being, until we find something better. Ain't no way under the heavens I'm joining SiH, though. Razz
Plague
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will go where everyone else does.

I am completely against us doing our own guild, because of the no comittment to game after one month or two.

it is fine if guys don't like SiH... personal unless they are the only guild I know in the game, I don't really want to join them either.

I do want to be a guild within the first, because community is key to keeping interest in the game after the content runs low. Plus it makes for interesting conversation during downtime (ie. traveling or waiting for something).

I don't mind S1, but I am not a PVPer, never have been. So unless there is good PVE stuff that they might get into I don't know how much that will interest me.

I would be interesting in see if Purge will be in STO, that might be the balanced option.

that is my 2 cent.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    House of ZAN Forum Forum Index -> Open Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 3 of 12

Jump to: