House of ZAN Forum Forum Index House of ZAN Forum
This is the forum for ZAN group

HomeFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar GalleryGallery   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RAW 8/31

Post new topic   Reply to topic    House of ZAN Forum Forum Index -> Open Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ravage
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:59 pm    Post subject: RAW 8/31 Reply with quote

Okay, so I just had to comment...this was the BEST RAW IN MONTHS (possibly excluding Shaq's). Spoilers, obviously, if you haven't watched yet.

Aight, so the matches were nothing special. Jericho/MVP was probably the best of the night, and that isn't saying much (and the Diva Battle Royale was total crap), but I never saw most of the twists coming.

The Shockmaster segment was fantastic, I ROFL'd. Even the DX interactions with Dusty were funny.

I initially thought the main event Orton/Rhodes was going to be interesting and fresh, but obviously predictable...whoah boy. This was the first time in a long time that WWE completely caught me off guard with Dusty turning heel! How often does a Hall of Famer do that! It was the coup de grace when he hit HHH with his boot. Great stuff. The ending left me seriously expecting Cody to turn on Randy despite his dad turning heel...that's good storytellin' right there!

Anywho, I was very happy with it. Still not up to Smackdown standards because hell, it is wrestling, and RAW's wrestling is still mediocre, but much better than average.
Ravage
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and as I texted Dana...Bob Mothafreakin' Barker?????
Dana
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...and as I texted Damin -- ShockMarella!

The WWEShop segment was awesome.

I'm calling it -- next week the Divas will be dressed up like Barker's girls from TPIR.
Prometheus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I have to say I can watch Dana's Avatar all day
Grand Master Sef
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeBiase turned heel when he was host, not full turn like Dusty (which everyone will forgive unless they keep pushing it) but he did cheer for his son. It made me think, Bob Orton needs to host RAW one week and then have Ted, Dusty and Bob join Legacy to help them be even better. It doesn't have to last for too long but anything to get Dusty and Ted on TV more would be great.

RAW was alright. I enjoyed the Canada RAW and the Shaq RAW tho. This one wasn't as good but it did have the great DX segments (ShockMarella FTW) & the ending was a nice new twist that fit into everyone's characters well.

The rest of the night was fairly bland. Cole kept talking about NO ONE HAS EVER DONE X TO THE BIG SHOW...Kane has! The Divas SUCKED! I think Gail Kim has issues OR she's SO good and SO fast that NO one can keep up with her.

Bob Barker should be FUN. Enough of this.
Forum User

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RAW was good, loved the ending. The stuff with DX/Dusty was great because it excellently masked how the ending would go - definitely did not expect it. Its so easy for the guest host to be a face, I enjoy the ones that go heel. Shockmaster skit was just bonus comedy gold.

Diva match sucked.

Big Show/Mark Henry was an ok big-man fight but, you know, it was a big man fight, how much can you expect?

Jericho is gold, and more and more MVP is showing he can be the same.

Having Bob Barker host makes zero sense to me. Is he a fan? Gonna be a trainwreck otherwise I think.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    House of ZAN Forum Forum Index -> Open Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: