House of ZAN Forum Forum Index House of ZAN Forum
This is the forum for ZAN group

HomeFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar GalleryGallery   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Funny WoW Commentary

Post new topic   Reply to topic    House of ZAN Forum Forum Index -> Open Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ravage
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:27 pm    Post subject: Funny WoW Commentary Reply with quote

It's funny because all of us who have played WoW at some point have seen this all too often.

Oh, and it's VERY much a Cracked article, so if you're not familiar with that brand of humor, it's totally all in the delivery.

http://www.cracked.com/blog/understanding-the-world-of-warcraft-using-super-mario-brothers
Dana
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Say you all managed to work together and kill a boss. Now you get to split two or three prizes between the 25 of you. This means that you now get to add jealousy, greed and entitlement to a group dynamic built entirely around impatience, disrespect and retarded.

SRSLY I LOL'D LOTS!!1!
Ravage
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was the part that made me LOL most...

Imagine you're trying to teach your son to play baseball. You teach him the rules, how to throw, how to swing and when you tell him to go for it, he throws the ball into the side of his own head, runs the wrong way and tries to sell a blowjob to an undercover cop. Warcraft players fail in directions you never thought possible.
Plague
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya, that was funny.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Grand Master Sef
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My highlights:

Quote:
To the average man, another speaking on Warcraft sounds not unlike a rapist Chewbacca acting as his own defense attorney

Quote:
They know your group has the military precision of drunk toddlers in a dryer

plus the ones already noted. And ya know...this is why I stopped playing WoW. End game is all there is once you've reached your level cap and it simply become an amalgam of wasting time, dealing with tards and attempting to earn rep, armor and other stupid trinkets.

That's just me tho.
Forum User

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say that article did remind me of why I really enjoyed WOW best when in groups with just us; the inefficiency of stupidity was simply overwhelming. You just can't have 10 million people in a game and be able to avoid the stupid (incompetent?) Confused
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was all true I am glad I am done
Deathscythe343
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

defiantly funny
Ravage
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

commandertracker wrote:
I have to say that article did remind me of why I really enjoyed WOW best when in groups with just us; the inefficiency of stupidity was simply overwhelming. You just can't have 10 million people in a game and be able to avoid the stupid (incompetent?) Confused

This is very true. As much as I really loved playing WoW with you guys, it even brought out the stupid in all of us (Seriously, in our 5-man Strats & Scholo runs back in the Tier .5 days, how many times did we misspull those stupid gargoyles, and totally fail on the end bosses?). No other game has ever been so capable of doing this...hell, most games make us better as we join forces (like TF2 or Starcraft).
Plague
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ravage wrote:
how many times did we misspull those stupid gargoyles, and totally fail on the end bosses?). No other game has ever been so capable of doing this...hell, most games make us better as we join forces (like TF2 or Starcraft).

but just like TF2 and Starcraft there are ways the work and ways that don't, failing on a boss is because something that normal didn't happened did and we were not ready for it. that is just like any other game.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Grand Master Sef
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefer twitch based games or skill based games because people who can't play them won't even attempt to in most cases. in the case of wow, any moron will try it and the game suffers for it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    House of ZAN Forum Forum Index -> Open Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: