House of ZAN Forum Forum Index House of ZAN Forum
This is the forum for ZAN group

HomeFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar GalleryGallery   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stargate seasons

Post new topic   Reply to topic    House of ZAN Forum Forum Index -> Open Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Erik Dodd
Forum User

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:34 pm    Post subject: Stargate seasons Reply with quote

Anyone happen to know how many individual dvds there are for all of Stargate and Stargate Atlantis? A guy my roommate works with burns movies for $3 a disc so Brian and I are looking into getting every season for both series through him but before we looked online just wanted to know if anyone knew how many there were.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Ravage
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, there are 10 seasons of SG-1.
There are 5 seasons of Atlantis.
There are two made for TV movies.

I think each season is 5 discs for both series. I could be wrong on a couple seasons, especially Atlantis, when they started using a slightly different format. So you're looking at a lot of money for all of it.

SG1 is now released as a complete set. Atlantis soon will be as well. I would consider price checking these before dropping good money on burns. The actual sets may be only slightly higher in price.
Grand Master Sef
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds about right. The amount of discs didn't change when they went from the bulky package to the thinner though.

Buying them is better. I own SG1. Gonna have to get Atlantis sometime.
Forum User

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info guys I'll look on Amazon to shop around. Just going to go with whatever is cheaper.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Ravage
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe it's just because I'm a huge SG mark, but I plan on owning the entirety of the SG lore. Alex currently does, though most of his collection is original release (I want box sets).

I'm certainly not above sticking it to the DVD manufacturers, but SG is definitely something worth buying legit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    House of ZAN Forum Forum Index -> Open Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: