House of ZAN Forum Forum Index House of ZAN Forum
This is the forum for ZAN group

HomeFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar GalleryGallery   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

STO
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    House of ZAN Forum Forum Index -> Open Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Fleet Name?
Favor the Bold
66%
 66%  [ 6 ]
Shades of Grey
33%
 33%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 9

commandertracker
Forum User

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ravage wrote:
Grand Master Sef wrote:
if the girlfriend makes you quit gaming, then shes no good.

If it were a permanent thing, I'd totally agree. You know how it works, though...new shiny toys...

I gotta agree - make sure you get her far enough along to stay, then on to gaming! Wink
Forum User

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm deffinatly gonna play. I don't have the money to pre-order right now though. But I will be getting it
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Admiral Trell
Forum User

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gamestop has a whole bunch of videos... very cool

videos
Grand Master Sef
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ravage wrote:
You know how it works, though...new shiny toys...

they're shiny?!
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

getting back on track. For those that need some inspiration to get this game:

Link

PLENTY more of these on his youtube page. Most are worth watching.

HERE is a good review of a BETA experience.
Forum User

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I didn't see anything on this posted here but, you are all aware there is an "open" beta right now yes? Been open since like 2 days ago i think. This MMO blog has a very detailed look at the open beta. http://westkarana.com/

P.S. By open I mean, OMG preorder and you can playz naow!

P.P.S. Someone find Fo'Qua!

Wang
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah they deleted the closed Beta characters, so I lost my Captain Lothian of the USS Khall'ianen. But now since its open it won't let me login because the game is full... FULL. What the hell, they need to work on that or something. I don't know if there are different servers or its like Guild Wars where its one server with all other places you go to like an instance. Because so far it never asked for me to pick a server.
Ravage
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I broke down and preordered...pretty much just b/c it was available on Steam.

Dl'ing now, maybe I'll be able to play a little later tonight.
Grand Master Sef
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

d00g wrote:
So I didn't see anything on this posted here but, you are all aware there is an "open" beta right now yes? Been open since like 2 days ago i think. This MMO blog has a very detailed look at the open beta. http://westkarana.com/

P.S. By open I mean, OMG preorder and you can playz naow!

P.P.S. Someone find Fo'Qua!

Fo'Qua is a member of these forums now & on Steam. The OPEN BETA started today. I got a character made, went through the tutorial (like 2 hours) & the servers crashed. No prob. It was enough for me to realize...this game is going to be fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun!
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I managed to do was get a character created and start somewhat into the tutorial before I got kicked. The control scheme is a little clumsy, but I'm sure I'll get it figured out.
Very nice looking game so far. Fairly simplistic interface, tho.
Plague
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, after 2 days of trying to get 2 copies download (Josh and myself) we final got a good download... the first download finish quick and would install a corrupted version of the game so could get it to work.

got it installed and patch right before work this morning so haven't been able to do anything yet.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
commandertracker
Forum User

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so looking forward to preordering (Friday) and checking this out.

From pictures I've seen the interface does look kinda simple. So strange to see a Star Trek game with a MMO interface and health/mana bars.

Won't be playing all that much before release though, as you can only apply the Joined Trill trait when you make a character, not after, and the trait won't be available until retail release, so I'd have to scrap any character I made during the head start time and start from scratch anyway. Boo.

Until I pick it up, looking forward to more input from you guys on how the game is for you.
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you convert your beta character into a regular character? I know this has not been the case in any MMO I've beta'd before, but I might be wrong.
commandertracker
Forum User

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a beta character no, but whatever character you make in the "head start" time (after open beta, before retail release) available to those who pre-ordered will be able to continue using that character after retail release.
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ravage wrote:
Can you convert your beta character into a regular character? I know this has not been the case in any MMO I've beta'd before, but I might be wrong.

no. sorry but its a BETA.

Ravage wrote:
The control scheme is a little clumsy, but I'm sure I'll get it figured out. Very nice looking game so far. Fairly simplistic interface, tho.

its easier as you get used to it. I wouldn't call it clumsy, just more MMO than your used to. Space takes a few minutes to grasp but is fun once you do. As for the UI, I like it. Simple = better in book, especially when you've got a brand new MMO thrown in your face that your trying to FIND everything. There is a Library that you can consult to seek answers to questions as well.

My early impressions of the game are that its fun. The tutorial is a blast. I spent a little too much time just wondering around watching what was going on around me. I've also spent a lot of time looking at other avatars BUT there have been FEW aliens. I'm SHOCKED at all the humans. I just hope that people are being dumb & that the good players will join up at release and make some interesting stuff. With that said, the few that I HAVE seen, are sweet. Very alien. I even made a tall "dark space elf" esq race I call, the Sef. I will recreate this race for sure. However, I'm probably still going to play Andorian.

Ship making is FUN! Everyone starts out with the same ship per the tutorial storyline but you get to modify it afterwords and there are so many combos that its hard to find another ship that looks like yours. Reading other ship names are hilarious BTW. U.S.S. Booyah has been my fav but there are mostly good names that make sense. I've yet to see a TARDIS tho.

Game play is fun. Space combat is interesting. I can see how all the upgrade spots and Bridge Officer (BOs) skills will be fun to toy with. Ground combat is more MMO Traditional but has every bit of feel to a Star Trek story.

Skill points are MASSIVE. There is a LOT that you can do and then each skill has like 9 ranks to it, so you can dominate one field and become UBER there are spread them out. You also skill out your BOs to help your ground and space adventures.

Also, I visited Wolf 359. Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet. Daniel, if you aren't getting the OPEN BETA in pre-order, you need to come watch me or Dana play!

more later as I discover things.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    House of ZAN Forum Forum Index -> Open Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 6 of 12

Jump to: