House of ZAN Forum Forum Index House of ZAN Forum
This is the forum for ZAN group

HomeFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar GalleryGallery   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OMG GLOBAL WARMING...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    House of ZAN Forum Forum Index -> Open Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Admiral Trell
Forum User

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I love the Goku/Gore pic... LOL!!!

Fun with Photoshop - YEAH BABAY!!!
Talismonger
Forum User

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:02 pm    Post subject: Bad Word Choice Reply with quote

Good Day,

Sorry about my word choice there. I see how political tool comes off sounding like a personal attack. I meant to suggest the danger of merely reflecting the speaking points of one political side without critical reflection and analysis, but there was a better way to put it. I apologize for any offense I caused.

My concern arose from the prior messages merely espousing viewpoints without any cited basis. I'll respond to the other posts when I have a moment to collect my information. (I'm on the run at the moment) BTW how to you hyperlink words like Dana did in his post? That would be handy.

Be Well,
--Spencer
Prometheus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use the quote button above the that specific post you wanna quote.
Other than that I am not saying any thing in this topic. I refuse to do any looking at this topic I will leave every thing in God's hands he knows what we will do and I am fine with that.
Grand Master Sef
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Bad Word Choice Reply with quote

Talismonger wrote:
Sorry about my word choice there. I see how political tool comes off sounding like a personal attack. I meant to suggest the danger of merely reflecting the speaking points of one political side without critical reflection and analysis, but there was a better way to put it. I apologize for any offense I caused.

Spence,

I love ya. We have almost opposite views on most social issues...but that doesn't matter. You're a friend and THAT is why I would take offense to something like that...if it was any old bum, I'd care not, but from a friend I wasn't thrilled by it. I figured it was just bad word usuage...I know I do that all the time.

However, DO KNOW THIS....I have given this subject "critial reflection and analysis" & I DO NOT "reflect the speaking points of one political side" EVER! I happen to agree with more Republican views than Democrats BUT I'm a Conservative...not a republican OR democrat. Just remember that when we are debating. Thats all I ask of anyone.
Forum User

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Bad Word Choice Reply with quote

Grand Master Sef wrote:
However, DO KNOW THIS....I have given this subject "critial reflection and analysis" & I DO NOT "reflect the speaking points of one political side" EVER! I happen to agree with more Republican views than Democrats BUT I'm a Conservative...not a republican OR democrat. Just remember that when we are debating. Thats all I ask of anyone.

Fair enough. It is generally my assumption that when someone is espousing a view I disagree with without citing support that they have not had the opportunity and/or desire to look into it. I'm glad my assumption was wrong in this case.

As a side note, I undoubtably have views that I have not looked into. There are just too many issues in the world. I never assume that people have looked into every issue that comes up in conversation. It is not meant as a personal attack, just a frank realization of the complexity of modern life.

There is enough room in the political spectrum to encompass more than just Republicans and Democrats. Whether you label yourself conservative, liberal, green, libertarian, or reform there are plenty of options each with their own set of talking points. Having heard that you have specifically watched the Glen Beck show with Ann in order to "counter my influence", I did have some basis for believing you to be partisan. That being said, my information is, of course, second hand. I did not intend to label you. I realize that very few people line up perfectly with any organized party. I will henceforth consider you a conservative, otherwise unaffiliated with traditional parties. Again, apologies for my offense.

Be Well,
--Spencer
Grand Master Sef
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Bad Word Choice Reply with quote

Talismonger wrote:
It is generally my assumption that when someone is espousing a view I disagree with without citing support that they have not had the opportunity and/or desire to look into it.

Yeah...I'm sure all of us can say this. As you said, there are too many issues for us all to be experts. I myself look into things enough to realize what the skinny is. AND yes, that goes beyond watching Glenn Beck! I only agree with him about 85% of the time (btw, 73% of ALL percentages are made up on the spot!)

I of course look for actual sources of some fact. I personally love the opinions of Rush & Glenn for news & such. Then I surf teh intarwebz for some more. Things of that sort.

I'm VERY happy to be labeled a Conservative second & an American first.

Lastley, when it comes to personal beliefs and views on ANY social issue...I believe a person should be smart and figure things out for themselves and NEVER take the word of someone else...even if they trust them. However, without honest debate between people of different viewpoints, life would be boring and we would live in Russia. Boo White Russians! Hurray Lemonade!
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

White Russians are quite tasty, but I am unfortunately becoming lactose-intolerant...guess it's Black Russians for a bit.

I blame Global Warming for my problems with milk, btw. (I thought that might tie my pointless comment into the thread better)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    House of ZAN Forum Forum Index -> Open Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: