House of ZAN Forum Forum Index House of ZAN Forum
This is the forum for ZAN group

HomeFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar GalleryGallery   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Another Poll, what fun!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    House of ZAN Forum Forum Index -> Open Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What game would you most like to see at the next LAN?
Battlefield 2
27%
 27%  [ 3 ]
Warcraft 3
18%
 18%  [ 2 ]
Age of Empires
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Half Life 2: Deathmatch
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Unreal Tournament 2004
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Jedi Knight III
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
Star Trek Armada II
27%
 27%  [ 3 ]
Other (specify in a comment)
18%
 18%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 11

Ravage
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:45 pm    Post subject: Another Poll, what fun! Reply with quote

I'm interested in seeing what people would like to play. I picked BF2 because it is the best game to come out in quite a while, and would go over big time in our group. Think CS with tanks, boats, and planes. Also, there are more weapons. Go with that.
Grand Master Sef
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say BF2! Not as a tourny but just so that everyone can all play. This game is UBER fun & I would LOVE to play with all of our friends. Lee, Damin & I play together regularly. I suggest you all join up!
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i watched y'all play BF and i thought it looked boring, but that just could b from a watchers point of view.
Wang
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I picked BF2 also, only becuase it was the only one in the list that is fun anymore playing with people I know. I really don't care for RTS games anymore, and FPS games lately have been a bore. Games as a whole have been rather boring. And Dodd, BF2 is a whole different experiance from the players point of view!
Plague
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I picked Star Trek Armada II because it would be a change/addon to Starcraft at the LAN, but I don't have to pay $40 for BF2... Laughing

edit: I want to change my vote to the other option... CARMAGEDDON is my vote now.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Dana
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted "Other".... CARMAGEDDON!!!

FEAR TEH ELECTRO-BASTARD RAY!
Forum User

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Armada would be awesome to get going.... everyone would be fairly even at this, since we dont play it often... different strategies than Starcraft since you dont have "ground" or "air" units to fool with.... got some wicked guns in it , too.

Carmageddon would also be a load of fun.... let the carnage begin!!! Razz Razz
Ravage
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can take a hint...and those of you against BF2 do raise a very good point. It's not worth $40 to buy a game you're probably only going to play at a LAN. That said, I play BF2 almost every day, and love earning ranks and medals (Just got Staff Sergeant, and my Good Conduct Ribbon for not killing my teammates!)

Armada II will almost certainly come up at New Year's. Everyone should get reaquainted with it in the meantime. Remember, our house rules with Armada include no superweapons, since they unbalance the game (IMHO) Even though the phoenix (the Romulan ship of death) is uber cool!

I will have to play Carmageddon to determine it's tournament potential. I believe you all when you say it rocks, but I'll have to give it the run-through. At least as long as I am organizing the bulk of these LAN's, the games have to clear through me first Wink If it works out well, then for sure, we'll add it on New Year's.

I think it's best to stick with Starcraft for the time being. Only Todd and I are familiar with the Age of Empires series (although they are great games!), and Warcraft 3 simply hasn't stuck as well with most of us. We do need one RTS per tournament, though. Oh, I am still up for Red Alert 2, though...we haven't tried it yet.

The game that I really want everyone to get is HL2. I would like to do some HL2:DM in the future, even though our big FPS in the New Year's tourney will probably be HL1:DM since we haven't done it in a while.

That is all, discuss.
Plague
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh ya, HL1:DM... *evil grin* "Where's my shotgun?"

That will be fun, but I know I am very rusty at the moment.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Prometheus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damin Likeys the Polls Smile JK3 me and a light saber and Force Push= *Evil grim.

Plus I been working on HL death match just to whoop Jared
Post new topic   Reply to topic    House of ZAN Forum Forum Index -> Open Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: