House of ZAN Forum Forum Index House of ZAN Forum
This is the forum for ZAN group

HomeFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar GalleryGallery   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LAN Party CHAMPIONS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    House of ZAN Forum Forum Index -> Open Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grand Master Sef
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:34 am    Post subject: LAN Party CHAMPIONS Reply with quote

Jard, here are the graphics for the LAN party champs. If ya hate them, let me know & I can change them. AHIGHT!

Last edited by Grand Master Sef on Tue Oct 04, 2005 4:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
Ravage
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just so all of you know, this is how we are going to display the winners of the LAN, and the graphics will be updated after each LAN tourney we have in the future. I figured it would be cool to have a running "trophy room" present linked to the houseofzan site. There is room still for more "awards", if we come up with new tournies in the future. Jared, Adam and I have been trying to get this pushed through, we'd like to hear your comments/ideas on it.

Jared - I'm assuming we can make a page linkable from the Houseofzan main page (or forum page, either way), that will just display those plaques, right? I'm also interested in running a history page, much like Lee's Efed runs past histories for each of his titles, we could do the same with this.

Adam - The only real complaints I have on the graphics are that the Starcraft and UT icons don't stand out very well from the wood grain. Perhaps a black rectangle/square behind them might help? Other than that, they look great. Remember, also, on the CS one, we have to be able to fit several names on it.
Grand Master Sef
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damin, I agree with your critiques, I shall make the changes.
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can do a history page, I would probably thumbnail the pictures so that there smaller on the history page... Who knows yet, I will try to get that page up and running tonight after I get home... if you have an question before RAW, I will try to be on teamspeak.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Prometheus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with the black boxed behind them. Cool Idea looking forward to seeing them.
Plague
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the Title Room seting and link on the houseofzan.com page.
http://www.houseofzan.com/troom/

I had any idea for the CS title, I think we should made the name plate bigger and just put something like

Team of:
Bob, Dave, Dick, and Harry.

instead of multiple title images with the different name on them.

Just an idea, what do you think?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Ravage
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is excellent, Jared. Maybe it was just me, but it took about a minute for the images to load up...was it just bad luck on my part? Anywho, make sure you update with the new images, since Sef changed three of them.

I see what you mean on the CS title. Adam, you may want to just make it one big plate, but either way will work. If we have a team of 3 or 4 win, then we can just alter the graphic accordingly.

Given the way the CS tourney will run, it's entirely possible to have odd numbered teams.
Plague
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The image load time is something I am not sure about, I know the first time I loaded the page it took a few seconds for all the images to completely load... I know that I resized the image on the site but I don't actually change the image size in the file, so the conversion between the 2 size mit be causing the load problem...

I will get that fixed tonight when I upload the new pictures.
Erik Dodd
Forum User

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HOLY SHIT ADAM! Those are just awesome. Now I saw the link added to the houseofzan website and I really like the original image of the CS one you made with the 6 seperate name plates. I understand only having one so you can just list everyone's name in order but there's just something about the individual name plates that say POW!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Plague
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, just finished the work on the Title Room again. I update the images resized them to 544x408 that seem to let the 2 per row work ok on my monitor, is anyone having an issue with the image size (scrolling left to right)?

Resizing the images fix the load time problem that I had earlier.

Let me know what you think.

P.S. Adam the picture look AWESOME!!!! Sorry, I didn't say it earlier.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    House of ZAN Forum Forum Index -> Open Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: