House of ZAN Forum Forum Index House of ZAN Forum
This is the forum for ZAN group

HomeFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar GalleryGallery   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Immortal Coil
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    House of ZAN Forum Forum Index -> Open Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grand Master Sef
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, the crowd has spoken & I have listened. I feel the GM's of IC (pretending it is successful) not make decisions on a grand scale without hearing everyones opinions. I'll stick with the 4 ranks. Each GM will be able to rename the titles to their liking but keep with the structure.

Mine are:
GM=Captain
Officers=Commander
Member=Lieutenant
Recruit=Ensign

I guess a newb will be an ensign for 30 days or so to see if they fit our play style. If they stick with IC then we'll bump them up, no posting required!

As far as the officers go I rather like Damins suggestions.
Event Coordinator -figure out the best days to do things & set them up.
Recruitment -finding those players like us who wish to join
Common Knowledge -helps the GM at will & helps the other two Commanders as they need. I'm not making special titles for the officers, just listing their unofficial titles. As for special titles in the guild we can have them for special event winners or for moronic/nub/dumb things that we all do. Say someone asks a nub thing & we all laugh at them, then we give them the Newblet Extrodinare title for a couple of days, lol.

Ok, hope this helps. I'll be talking to everyone here & there to see if anyone wants to step up for the officers roles. I guess my term starts now & ends after a new GM is elected in the last week of April.

Would you have to agree? o.0
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

/agree
Ravage
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prometheus wrote:
I ask just out of respect to some of us who are in the leadership just PM Kazee and tell them you are doing an alt guild

I understand why you ask this, Josh, and I certainly mean no ill will towards Kazee or Rotcorpse. They're two great guys in my book.

However, even being great guys, I feel it's none of their business that we are starting this. Some of you who have been in SiH too long seem to be thinking of them as parental figures, it seems. Remember we play the game how we want, not along someone else's lines. Kazee would share that info with his officers/GM's, and THEN there'd be problems. He just doesn't need to know.

Now if it ever comes to the point where we all pull out of SiH (which I honestly doubt will happen), we would definitely tell them what we're doing, because /gquit'ing with no warning is rather rude.
Plague
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I come now to post what I have done. I spoke with Kazee last night in regards to our want to form an adventuring/friends’ guild outside of Strength or Hono[u]r. I only did that because I have been in this guild long enough to have gain the respect of many of it members, they have become apart of my WoW extended family. I do not look at the GMs as a parentally figure, but as close friends who have put their trust in me. I can't go behind their backs, and break that trust... I wouldn't do it to any of you and I sure won't do it to them.

Kazee, Josh, and I spoke for about 20 minutes about what our plans are. Kazee, as I figured, was very understanding. He understands our need to adventure as a small group of close friends, and it does not was to stifle that need in any way.

He went has far as to approve of us doing this without SiH getting in the way. His only request/offer is that if at anytime in our level/adventures we need assistants with instances or whatever, that we come to SiH and ask for their assistants. He promised that SiH will still continue to be our WoW home and friends in all that we do.

I hope that I have not upset anyone by doing this, but I could not in right mind not say something to the friends I have come to understand, joke, raid, and laugh at continually, even with their flaws and frustration.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Erik Dodd
Forum User

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think what you did is perfectly ok Jared. I didnt think any of the GMs would have had a problem with it anyway since we already have several members who have alts in small family guilds. Late Jan 16th I'll be looking forward to my invite to IC.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Ravage
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that was potentially a VERY bad thing.

Now we just have to wait for someone to raise a stink, because you know it's gonna happen. Kazee certainly won't keep this to himself.

Did you ever stop to consider what happens when/if one of our mains leaves to join IC? How will they handle that with the folks who try to remain in SiH? It'll become apparent that we AREN'T an alt guild, and the folks left behind will look like liars. Worse yet, they'll look like liars to the people we actually LIKE there (Kazee, namely). It won't go smoothly, and will limit the smooth relations we wanted to form with SiH. On top of that, telling them basically flew in the face of what we were trying to achieve with the guild. We're trying to be autonomous, not an "alt guild" that runs to mommy to ask permission to move out.

This was poorly played, especially considering that EVERYONE in IC asked that we not make it known to SiH.
Deathscythe343
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ravage wrote:
Yeah, that was potentially a VERY bad thing.

Did you ever stop to consider what happens when/if one of our mains leaves to join IC? How will they handle that with the folks who try to remain in SiH? It'll become apparent that we AREN'T an alt guild, and the folks left behind will look like liars.

Only problem I see there is that SiH does not recognize the concept of mains/alts. Its been debated countless times. While, they have also stated numerous time that they are not an "alt" guild, they are also firm on the fact that there are no mains/alts.
Dana
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deathscythe343 wrote:
Only problem I see there is that SiH does not recognize the concept of mains/alts. Its been debated countless times. While, they have also stated numerous time that they are not an "alt" guild, they are also firm on the fact that there are no mains/alts.

All the more reason why I don't think they needed to know.

It's not like we're planning some kind of big coup or something. People should play a game in whatever way they find fun and still fits within the rules set by the game's makers. As soon as we have to start worrying about getting permission from people (especially when we wouldn't even be hurting them to begin with), then the game is no longer a game, and has become politics instead.

I think the thing that irks me a little bit is that this discussion was had with Kazee without telling the rest of us that it was gonna be done. Most of us had already said we didn't think they needed to know about it, but it was done anyway. If anyone should have told Kazee about it, it should have been Adam, because he's been the one spearheading this whole IC effort so far.

I trust Kazee's judgement, and I don't think he'll purposely try to screw us over. He knows that games should be fun, and shouldn't be taken entirely too seriously. BUT, now that he knows, someone is bound to find out, and someone is bound to mis-understand what we're trying to do with Immortal Coil... they'll start drama about "dual-guilding" and we'll all be made the villains. It will look to some people like we got special treatment and an exemption from the "dual-guilding" rule. It won't matter if Kazee or another GM defends us. Certain people will have their minds made up, and it will cause yet another rift when SiH really can't afford much more of them as it is.
Forum User

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think it'll be too much of a problem Dana. There's already a few people on Alliance side that have alts in family guilds. If someone is gonna start a stink about us then they'll have to say something about them too.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Dana
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you're right -- I just want to have fun playing again with the people we leveled up 1-60 with... no matter what happens after the BC comes out, if it's not fun, I'll drop the game & wait for Darkfall.
Forum Noob

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here is my opinion.. i was in SiH just as long as you guys, i thought i had good friends.. but when i left for KG i didnt hear a single word from any of them, with the exception of you guys. you tell me who my real friends are. i think the same thing would be true for most of us. you be the judge.
Deathscythe343
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chuddly wrote:
here is my opinion.. i was in SiH just as long as you guys, i thought i had good friends.. but when i left for KG i didnt hear a single word from any of them, with the exception of you guys. you tell me who my real friends are. i think the same thing would be true for most of us. you be the judge.

btw scott your last check bounced
Dana
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HEH, Brian made a funny. Shocked
Forum Noob

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK. WHEN I finally get BC (Around Valentines Day) I'll join you with a BE Rogue named Twistedsteel. I registered on the guild portal forums. Can't wait. See you all there.
Ravage
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yet another turns to the dark side...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    House of ZAN Forum Forum Index -> Open Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: