House of ZAN Forum Forum Index House of ZAN Forum
This is the forum for ZAN group

HomeFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar GalleryGallery   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Immortal Coil
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    House of ZAN Forum Forum Index -> Open Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Plague
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have hoz vent up and running, it has an 8 person cap at the moment, but it is up.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Deathscythe343
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, i looked at the dual-guilding policy for SiH. According to it we would all have to send PMs to the 3 Gms asking for permission to guild other toons some place else. yatta yatta yatta.

i think that we should go with something like this as a msg:

My real friends and i all rolled alliance when this game came out. We leveled together, did quests together, and were all guilded together helping each other out. This time when The Burning Crusade comes out the rest of us who have not yet rolled a horde toon will be doing so, and the others will be rolling new toons. We plan to quest and level with each other like we did when the game first came out. We are asking that you give us permission to guild some of our toons in another guild so that we can all share the experiences of leveling and questing again.
Dana
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or, we could just make the guild anyway and not tell anybody... especially if these characters were to become our new mains. I highly doubt that Voxstar would approve of us creating a 2nd guild... besides, imagine if word got out about it. People would raise an unholy ruckus about it. Getting "permission" from SiH is more trouble than it's worth, IMHO...
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I don't care about SiH's rules. I understand them but all they want is people to always show up & raid. BORING! How about organizing PVP stuff? How about organizing fun things to do in game BESIDES raiding. BC will changes things indeed & I suggest anyone who wants to have some fun make a horde toon & join in. I don't blame anyone who doesn't want to give up playing their alliance toons but I did it, Todd did it, Damin did it, Scott did it so I know others can. The decision is up to y'all. I'll be keeping Kess in SiH for now & see how things go but every day I get closer to just quiting & telling them "Thanks but I'm going to do my own thing now."
Forum Noob

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

going back to earlier in this thread, someone said hakken made a post on how kewl he is.. someone copy paste it and either send it to me or just throw it in here, i cant get to that part of the SiH forums anymore kthxbye
Chuddly
Forum Noob

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deathscythe343 wrote:
Ok, i looked at the dual-guilding policy for SiH. According to it we would all have to send PMs to the 3 Gms asking for permission to guild other toons some place else. yatta yatta yatta.

why dont i ask my mom if i can take a crap, bout the same thing!

whether she likes it or not, its gonna happen.
Wang
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow good thing I got out of SiH when I did. But also at the same time they didn't like me anyway and deleted me from the boards unlike Chad who still has full access becuase they liked him. All this crap I hear and read about SiH and even from members that I do not know personally from SiH tell me about crap that goes on. I will say this though, my Mage is coming back to Medivh and I will be rocking the house one again on horde and having naked WSG runs just like I use to do before I transfered to Durotan.
Grand Master Sef
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here is to nekkid WSG runs.

Now, down to bidnes. Ranking system. Feel free to disagree but since the guild is mine to start I'm doin' it this way. 1 GM (thats me) unless everyone likes the 2 GM system. I guess the 2 GM system would be better for when we get a little bigger. For now, 1 GM, 4 officers, a special rank for those who used to be in MC & then the newb rankings. I figure an initial rank for newbs then a rank for those who have been around for a bit & are welcome to stay.

so

GM
Officer
special MC rank
& newb trying to be member.

I figure every GM can change the name of the ranks since we are only around for 4 months. No one can be GM twice in a row but more than once of course. Officers are chosen by the GM. Anyone can be an officer as many times in a row as the GMs pick. I guess this is it. Feel free to comment how you like it or dislike it. Nothing is set in stone and do remember as we grow so will the rules change to compensate. Maybe we can elect GMs.

As for the tabard. I'll use the old MC tabard & give 2 color guides & we can pick which we like.

So, who's up fer nekkid WSG?!
Forum User

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess its time to throw in my 2 cents.

SiH is not a bad guild. It is set up well, and for good reasons. I have no reason to leave right now, and don't plan to.

That was just about all I was planning to post on the subject myself, 'til I started reading other posts and thinking about it.

I don't like the idea of leaving a guild that will be able to do new end-game content vs. joining a guild that probably will not be able to (at least some of it). But then I asked myself "What would I be staying for?" The only people I interact with in the guild are those from Mortal Coil. I did all my leveling with you or alone, nearly all of my instances were with you or pick up groups. Even my latest WoW accomplishments (exalted with 4 factions) were done without guild help.

I hate to admit it to myself, but I joined SiH to raid, and raid I did. And now that I have no interest in 40-man raiding, especially with the expansion coming, there is really nothing else to keep me there except that my friends are there. I would not have joined if some of you were not in the guild already. Sure, SiH could have been more to me than that...I could have interacted with and found a home more with the community, and it was my choice that I did not...but their community does not mean much to me, ours does. I don't feel like I am in SiH, I feel like I am in Deadly Spiral, but with more people that I don't care about and generally ignore.

If the decision is made to pull out and enter Immortal Coil, I'm there. I'm staying horde though, no alliance for me.

For now, lets get the charter signed so that we have the guild. If we don't want mains in it at the beginning, that is fine...we can see how SiH goes first, how many people we can get in ImC first. Call me a rebellious-hearted bastard if you wish, but I don't see the point in asking permission from a bunch of people that we know only from text in posts on a webpage to do what we want to do with our gaming experience. There is no need to raise drama and difficulty with SiH; if we are going to guild alts into Immortal Coil, then lets just freaking do it already. They're not our parents, for crying out loud. If they find out and don't like it and give us the boot, well...would you really be upset?? After all, you guys really sound like you would care *so* much.

Now, Adam, for your guild ranking system:
    I dislike the idea of a rank to show who was in MC before and who is new...this sets up the concept of our guild being two separate communities that should follow a natural line, and that is not a good precedent to set. If we recruit other people and want them to be a part of us, we should label them as such. I think ranks should be Guildmaster/Officer/Member/Recruit, and nothing more. The guild is about friends together having fun, not jumping hoops/meeting quantifiable requirements to level up in guild ranking. Leveling up is for the game.

Will we really need four officers? What will they do? I'll argue the same here that I did in SiH as a recruit; if you are going to have officers, their roles must be predefined, and they must not stray from that role. Four seems too many for me, but I guess it depends on what you plan on them doing.

One of two things need to happen with Officers to make them legitimate. Either officers are elected positions, or a guildmaster candidate clearly lists their officer choices up front when running, so that members know what they are asking for. That way, if you don't like officers, you reflect that by picking another guildmaster. No more getting to slide in management help that no one likes but the guildmaster.

Forum Legend

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I agree on the special MC ranking idea... MC is dead, let's let it R.I.P. ... if we DO end up tagging more people, it's best that we don't have a way to distinguish them from ex-MC folks. We all know who we are, anyway, right? Smile

I will most likely be creating an EZ-mode hunter blood elf, and that character will be in Immortal Coil, not SiH. It'll be like the old days again, leveling from 0-70.

I still want to take Squidge to 70, but for the time being, Warlock has gotten dull. Learning a new (hunter) skillset will be entertaining, at least... and so will picking names for my multitude of pets, muhuhahahaha!!
Forum User

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm making 2 horde toons when BC comes out, a hunter and lock. I'm going to stick the hunter in SiH but I'll stick the lock in you guild Adam. I know there's a lot of shit going on in SiH but I haven't given horde side a shot yet and I want to at least give them that.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Deathscythe343
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with some of the things that Adam and toadie are saying here. i do agree with Todd that a "special" MC rank will/ might create some segregation between the ranks. Instead I suggest what SiH used to do. Use the veteran rank as the "special" rank. Just make this rank available to future members after they have accomplished x service to the guild. While, I cannot really think of any real incentive to obtain this rank, it is the only thing that I can think of for a substitute.

As for the guild structure, I agree with Todd on the less officers, however I think that if we become larger in the future it might be more beneficial to have a 3 GM system like SiH. This way there is some sort checks and balances system in place. This is not that we do not trust each other, its just that a 1 GM system can look a little like tyranny.
Wang
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah we shouldn't rank ourselves above others just because we all were in MC. I mean look at Todd, Chad, and a couple others. We didn't make them officers they were just plain members. Deadly Spiral is set up normally but different names with the GM, OFficer, Veteran, Member, and Recruit.
Ravage
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree as well on the ranking system. Personally, I prefer Todd's 4-rank idea. Anyone who isn't an officer or recruit should be a member, with no special titles.

That said, the GM functions will allow creative use of the unused ranks. For example, you could offer a "custom" title as a reward for guild events, like the Rat Race we had back in MC. I tried to do this back in that day, and the guild titles didn't work...they do now. Rotate that custom rank from person to person as people "win" guild events. That was my original intention and I still think it's a fun little extra.

Of course, we're speaking hypothetically, as we don't yet know if we even CAN rebuild to MC's former glory.
Here are some suggestions for officer types/titles, as Todd mentioned. Adam, since you're the first GM of Immortal Coil, it'll be up to you obviously to pick and assign however you want...but here are some ideas.

Recruitment Officer - Pretty self-explanatory there
Events Officer - Helps organize PvP, instances, events
Executive Officer - Mini-GM basically. Just there in case he's needed.

I honestly can't think of a fourth that we might need. Of course, you can always add more officers if the guild grows large enough to warrant them. In this example, you could make a sub-officer for each of the three listed...of course, we'd have to get pretty darn big, and that's not really the intent, is it? Cool
Prometheus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ask just out of respect to some of us who are in the leadership just PM Kazee and tell them you are doing an alt guild
Post new topic   Reply to topic    House of ZAN Forum Forum Index -> Open Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: