House of ZAN Forum Forum Index House of ZAN Forum
This is the forum for ZAN group

HomeFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar GalleryGallery   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

wrestling video game

Post new topic   Reply to topic    House of ZAN Forum Forum Index -> Open Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grand Master Sef
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:50 pm    Post subject: wrestling video game Reply with quote

what would the ultimate wrestling game entail?

Well...I would love to make one. Name it something off hand...like Battlefield Wrestling Industries "Conquring the Ring!"

The game wouldn't be WWE, or TNA or anything recognizable, it would be based off of e-fedding rules. Your company is the preimier in wrestling...WWE & TNA don't exist! w00t! So what makes this game special? Customization of course.

The game has a simple begining with characters (pre-made wrestlers) doing all sorts of things you'd see on a wrestling show with some kool awesome recently released song (to help drive buys). The game starts & has a fresh look to the menus, etc. What should I do? I want to play a season! Well, in this game, a season consists of 10 years. Yup, you heard me, 10 years! SDvR2k6 length for 1 year. The entire season would encompass 10 years. Why? 1 year is stupid. Realistically, no wrestling should go from his debut to Main Eventiing at the years biggest show in a year or even two! It should be a career. The beauty of our season is the randomness involved. Everyone starts as a rookie in a wrestling school. This is the nublet tutorial (think SWG). It teaches you how to do the moves in the game. Then you start your career and sign on with the BWI making $40k a year lets say. A portion of your money is taken away each week to pay for living costs (flying, hotel, foods.) Each week is a telivised show. You start each week arriving at the arena a few hours before the show. Here you decide what to do for the show. You can train (beef your skills up). You can give a promo (which would entail picking a slew of already writen up comments to say which will be aired during the show later. The point of this is to sway the fans to love you or hate you) You can decide to attacking someone (which will take place during the show, before or after your match or your victims match). Speak with your GM about a title shot or changing divisions, etc. Then you have to check the board for the shows line up. If you have a match you can petition to get a different one or you can petition to get on the card if you arn't...by talking to the GM. As a debut you have a match against a resident jobber to get win & try to impress the crowd. The point of the season is to get yourself over with the fans. How you act in your matches will change their reaction. Your music, the way you act outside of matches, your look will all sway them one way or the other. ie. If you have heavy metal music & come out in pink & then act happy the crowd will give you no reaction cuz you suck. However, if you have metal music, dress in black, taunt the crowd & cheat in the match they will begin to boo you as a heel.

The season continues as you become better known, earn more money and earn title shots. As you earn more money you can spend that on fancier outfits, better music, managers, valets, etc. You have 10 years to play with. In that time frame you may never be a main eventer. You may be a main eventer in 6 years! Its all how you build your character & play your matches. The crowd decideds how successful you are based on your actions.

Also, vacations & injuries occure duing season mode. You have to take vacations when your body is breaking down or you'll get injured. Being injured is bad because you could miss out on money, get fired or lose fan intrest.

Obviously you have to create your own characters, original of course. However, pre-mades will be there to fill out the roster during season mode. At the begining of season you asign who will be on your roster and what rolls they will play or you can just choose Pre-Made Heel #2 as World Champ, etc. Everything is customizable including shows, titles, wrestlers. Several announcers can be chosen, show names can be chosen along with design colors, the whole 10 yards!!! Everything has a lits to chose so its not infinite in possibilites but it would be close.

This is rough but I would love to play this game, wish I knew how to make games. Maybe I should go back to school.

What do y'all think? Additions? Subtractions? Divisions?
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As always, awesome idea. I like it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Ravage
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tis' a good idea, to be sure...however, I think the place this game would suffer would be in marketing.

There are very few who see the inside of wrestling in strong enough fashion to actually play a game involving its inner workings. Perhaps if it were based around the WWE, albeit not allowing a person to use existing superstars, it would work. In fact, they could totally take 10 years out of WWE lore, and have you build through that. Perhaps 1995-2005? That would be a cool bit of wrestling history to live through with a new character!
Grand Master Sef
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with ya Damin but my whole point was to keep it AWAY from the WWE so that they could have NO IMPUT on it.

They ALWAYS recycle old storylines & have existing characters that can't be touched. I want characters that can be morphed to YOUR pleasure and a storyline engine that has a ton of replay ability.
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kthx
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not even sure why Dana reads thees things /unplugg Johnny 5.
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forum Legend

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can't be unpleased when yer unplugged. kthx.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    House of ZAN Forum Forum Index -> Open Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: