House of ZAN Forum Forum Index House of ZAN Forum
This is the forum for ZAN group

HomeFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar GalleryGallery   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mortal Kombat: Armageddon
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    House of ZAN Forum Forum Index -> Open Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grand Master Sef
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

check out that character selection screen! booyah!

Ashrah
Baraka
Blaze
Bo' Rai Cho
Cyrax
Chameleon
Daegon
Dairou
Darrius
Drahmin
Ermac
Frost
Fujin
Goro
Havik
Hotaru
Hsu Hao
Jade
Jarek
Jax
Johnny Cage
Kabal
Kai
Kano
Kenshi
Khameleon
Kintaro
Kira
Kitana
Kobra
Kung Lao
Li Mei
Liu Kang
Mavado
Meat
Mileena
Mokap
Moloch
Motaro
Nightwolf
Nitara
Noob Saibot
Onaga
Quan Chi
Raiden
Rain
Reiko
Reptile
Sareena
Scorpion
Sektor
Shang Tsung
Shao Kahn
Sheeva
Shinnok
Shujinko
Smoke
Sonya Blade
Kurtis Stryker
Sub-Zero
Tanya
Taven

so yeah, thats 62 characters! lots of random ones from the games too, I'm excited about it tho.
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are probably a half dozen of these that I don't recognize, it must be a pretty thorough list. I look forward to it! Wewt!

So any idea who the 4 unlockables might be? I was looking through the characters, and I haven't yet noticed anyone missing.

Mokap as a regular character???? WTF?

Oh, just realized...Blaze...that's one that you listed, but doesn't seem to be pictured. Hmmm...I'm so intrigued now.
Ravage
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW, according to what I've heard from online articles (I think this one was on LOP), Yukes (the company responsible for the SvR series) has discontinued development of SvR 2007. That's fine with me, however...the last one pissed me off so bad when I accidentally deleted my characters trying to COPY them...that I really don't care about the series anymore. I seriously haven't touched it since that day at all.
Grand Master Sef
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't let one day ruin your gaming experience Damin. Pick yerself back up & get to creating again!

I'm not really sure who the unlockables are. One might be normal Lui Kang. One is obviously Blaze (he's the end boss for Geddon). There are 62 listed & 64 boxes. So, 2 will be those NOT on that list. I don't see Khameleon on there but I do see Chameleon, so that might be another unlock. & yes, Mokap is a regular character, EVERYONE is, thats the whole point of the game. Everyone, ever in an MK game, is in this game. Even the lesser knows (Meat, Khameleon, Chameleon, Smoke, etc.) Teven in the main (& one of 2 new characters in the game) & he is who you play as in Konquest mode. He is fighting his brother, Daegon (the other new character) against Blaze or something like that.

OK, just looked up some info about this....the red dude & blue dude on left & right respectivly, are the Kreat a Kombatant. So, thats why there are 64 & I only have 62 list. That means the unlocks are Blaze, Daegon, Teven & Meat.

So that mystery is solved. Yeah, I'm freakin' pumped for this game. I love MK so much.
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so it seems Khameleon is the only one not shown. She has been listed & Boon as aparently been noted as saying "both color swaping ninjas" will be in the game. Purhapse she is a super hard to find unlockable or something, as in, beat the game with everyone to get her. I'll do it of course!
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I just looked up pretty much all that stuff you just posted here...it sounds really cool. Apparently they are truly planning on killing off quite a few of the roster this time around, although we've seen in the past that nobody stays dead for long. Thankfully, there's a good reasoning why everyone would be brought back to life for Armageddon...thanks to Havik's newfound power at the end of Deception.

The Kreate a Fatality system sounds more intersting after I looked into it a bit. Every character can do a brutality style fatality which will potentially kill a character in different ways based on the physics engine. There are 10 levels per fatality, depending on how many time you hit them. It sounds interesting, and it could be super-awesome or lame, but I'm banking on awesome.

Only 2 Kreate a Kombatant is okay I guess. They probably don't have all that many options to choose from anyway, though I can dream.

The story might be next to nothing...but it always interests me. Did I ever mention I read a novel about the Great Kung Lao and the orgininal MK tournament? Lots of good lore there. Also, I just read the character bios, histories, and quick-facts on every character ever in the game, so I'm pretty familiar with all the stories now.

Sub-Zero forever...Ermac and Mileena for now
Grand Master Sef
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aye, I'm glad yer familiar with the stories now.

So Sub-Zero is your fav? Which one! lol

Wang is a sub-zero fan too. I'm a Scorpion fan. Other than Scorp I like Cyrax, Frost, Kitanta Lui Kang....I don't know are we talking stories here or game play?

Game play I like a TON, story wise I like many less but I think they all fit.
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Storywise and gameplay wise I like Sub-Zero more than everyone else. It's pretty easy, too...a good move set, cool look, and one of the most captivating stories. I prefer Sub Zero starting around the MK3 era, though he was still a favorite in MK2. I never played MK1 much, but I'm sure I'd have used SZ back then too.

I'm only going to state favorites for DA and Deception, since the gameplay changed so much for those two. As of that point, my favorites for gameplay are Mileena, Ermac, Frost, Sonya, Nightwolf and Scorpion.

For story, my other favorites are Scorpion, Ermac, Reptile and Sujinko.

Just for the record, I find the worst characters in the game to be Hotaru, Kobra, Drahmin, Hsu Hao, and Kano. Yes, I've never been the least bit interested in Kano, and never cared for his moveset.
Wang
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played Sub-Zero since MK1. My fav since then and still is today.
Grand Master Sef
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I LOVED Kano in the fist MK. He was still pretty decent in MKD. Kobra I rather enjoyed his play style, it reminded me a lot of Sonya from MKDA. Game play I loved Frost, Lui Mei, Raiden, Reptile, Scorp, Kitana, Shang Tsung, Ermac & Kung Lao the best. Story, well they all have pretty kool stories however some are a little less filling like Kobra, Kira, Rain, Meat, lol.

Also, I saw videos of KAK. Seems to be pretty detailed. Obviously this won't be as detailed as SDvsR but it will be enough to satisfy me. The next gen games will probably have pretty intriquite KAK system.

I just can't wait for this game. I wanna play it ... now! FIGHT!
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pre-ordered this last night for $40 ($50 with tax & shipping) I also get a poster of the character renders with it, so thats kool. I don't want this to sell or not be in Columbus when it comes out (remember Shoa-lin Monks?)
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um....but I got Shaolin Monks when it was released, didn't I? I remember the first time I went looking for it, you were with me, and we got Max & Erma's afterward. It might have been after the release...but I know I never had an unsuccesful search for it.

Actually, I've never been unable to get a game since I moved to Westerville. Thanks to having Wal Mart, 3 Gamestops (not counting EB in Polaris Mall), and several less reliable places...I've always gotten what I want when I wanted it.

The closest I've come to NOT getting something on time was when the original Smackdown vs. RAW (2005) came out, and I got the last copy available in all northern Columbus...seriously, I looked EVERYWHERE that day, and finally found one un-reserved copy in Polaris. That was a close call, yo.

I'll probably have like 3 games to trade in for the new MK too...since the sports games I bought here suck! Seriously...why were sports games so awesome on SNES and even original Nintendo, and are so sucky on PS2????
Grand Master Sef
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Y'all seen the game play videos of this game? My lord it looks awesome. I just can't wait. Some of the combos are sick.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    House of ZAN Forum Forum Index -> Open Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: