House of ZAN Forum Forum Index House of ZAN Forum
This is the forum for ZAN group

HomeFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar GalleryGallery   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WWE Notes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    House of ZAN Forum Forum Index -> Open Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ravage
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 9:44 am    Post subject: WWE Notes Reply with quote

Okay, I didn't get to update much on WWE stuff last week, because I was pretty busy, what with sleeping and poker and all (BTW, I'm currently down about $100 in Full Tilt...I have won my way into a $50k tourney, tho!) I figured I should catch up on some stuff, since Adam, Dana and I did have a good discussion thread going earlier.
Here are some of my thoughts:

RAW:
I caught last week's RAW, but missed the last half of this week's because our stupid television cut out at the halfway mark. I just finished Cena/Umaga when it happened. I read the results, though.

Nitro as champ: I've said for a while that Nitro is going to be one of the big stars in the industry if they handle him properly. This is his first big shot, and I hope it all works out for him. He needs to keep the IC belt for a few months, perhaps a nice long Randy-Orton length run even. He can feud with Carlito for now, and then maybe a face-turn with subsequent feuds with Shelton, Umaga, and hopefully a dethroned heel Cena.

Women's Division: They've almost completely squandered the best thing they had going for them two months ago. Mickie is totally over with the fans, and she hasn't been on TV in two weeks! Victoria needs a push, badly, or I fear she may leave like Molly. Trish/Melina is great, but it needs to enter into the title scene. Torrie needs moved to Smackdown (trade with Jillian!), and does anyone know if freakin' Candace is face or heel now? Props to Maria though...that girl tries. Breaking her finger at a house show, and coming back for more? She may never be good, but I definitely appreciate her.

Where be Kane? I hear he's retiring soon, and if his recent storylines are any indication, it's about time. I do think the big guy is HOF bound, though he really should get one good title run...really.

Vince is on TV waaay too much, and though DX is really entertaining, I'm sick of them only feuding with the MacMahons. It's time to introduce a new heel stable to take them on. My first thought was the Corporation, but I think something fresh and new would be good. Oh, the one way I can see the MacMahon thing being positive is if Shane turns on Vince and joins HHH in DX, so HBK can take time off. I think he's one of precious few who could possibly fill the void left by Shawn.

Viscera/Charlie Haas is dumb. It was a terribly conceived angle, and an even worse continuing story. I hate mishmash tag teams. Vis and Val at least had a common theme...Vis and Charlie? Just stupid. At least put Charlie back with Shelton for a while...THAT would be cool.

Carlito's win over Nitro was way too fast...way to hype your champ, dumbasses.

I hear they're breaking the Spirit Squad up. It's too soon. They are so over as heels it's not funny. Besides Edge, they are the heels on RAW, and I hate to say it, but they're doing quite well at it. There are two really good wrestlers in there, Kenny first and foremost, but the squad needs to go at least through the summer. Then they could maybe split Kenny into singles, and let the other four form two tag teams.

Tag Division: What tag division? They have all the makings of a good one, but they're not doing anything with it! They could have the SS, The Highlanders, The World's Greatest Tag Team, and Cade & Murdoch as the primaries, with lots of others filling in as jobbers. It would be good!

On that note, I'm liking the Highlanders! They're funny, and good in the ring. They're permanent tag-teamers, no doubt, as splitting them up would probably result in two less than special wrestlers, but if Vince could just let a team live for a few years, these guys will be huge. Of course, the same was true of MNM. Even the new LOD was headed there...

Oh, and Carlito won't be wrestling for the Cruiserweight title anytime soon, Mr. Grisham. I ROFL'd at that.

ECW:

Kelly is getting stale. She's hot, sure...but I can only see the same striptease into the SAME lingere so many times before it gets old. At least buy the girl a new costume fer cryin' out loud!

Sandman jobbing to Knox was unforgivable. Way to bury one of the only 3 true ECW guys left.

Sabu is doing well for himself, and seems to be the most consistent draw for ECW right now. I'm glad he's working out, but we all know his body doesn't have much time left in the grand scheme of things, and maybe one run at the ECW title (I hope) will be just about all he can hope for.

I like Show as champ just fine. With Angle coming back (and RVD soon enough) the show may pick up a bit. Having these stupid matches against Flair and Taker, though? Moronic! I could understand having Taker appear on ECW a few times, after all, he is THE supernatural character. However, it's become blatantly obvious that all of the ECW guys and traditions are going away soon. Vince just needed them to reel in another sect of viewers...he's not going to keep any of them around for long.

Paul as heel is good, but it's not going anywhere or adding to the development of the show, because Big Show is only defending against WWE guys! WTF?

Smackdown:

I haven't seen much. GAB will suck balls, I'm sure, as now two of the main eventers are out (though I cheer for Silverback busting up his knee). Batista now gets to squash one of my favorite guys (who seems to be getting depushed anyway), and we have no Lashly, who's one of the best wrestlers on the card...hell, I'd go so far as to say he's the best wrestler out of the main eventers.

I like JBL on Color, but wish he was still in-ring. Perhaps when they find another suitable commentator he can return to wrestling. If he gives wrestling up to work the mic, though, it's still our gain, because the guy is good.

I hear even more people are leaving Smackdown (Rene Dupree the most recent). I can't fathom where the hell they plan on Smackdown going...I suspect they want the ratings to drop so low that UPN will drop them and they can get a contract on another station. However, since the rest of UPN's programming sucks more than Paris Hilton, that's not bound to happen soon.

Saturday Night Main Event:
I saw most of it, and it was okay...nothing special. WWE is now copying TNA with those cages, which is odd. Steven Richards as Sabu's super-secret opponent? WTF? Daivari rocks...too bad he's anchored to no-talent mc-hackn'slash. I'm starting to like Umaga more, though I hope he never makes main-event status. Alejandro Estrada will hopefull be around for many years to come. The days of good managers may be back.

That's my take on wrestling right now. Comment if you dare!
Grand Master Sef
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll just go down this thread by paragraph.

Raw was meh. DX beat up on the Spirit Squad so more, I'm begining to not care. The Highlanders are my high point of Raw recently. I'M ROBBY! Their little skit with DX telling them all the things they should do to Vince & then them doing them to Vince was priceless. This is an awesome instance of when Vince on TV is good. Most of the time when he's on with DX is bad. I do enjoy a quick dumping of poo on him & messing with him. Stuff like that.

Nitro is great. His wrestling abilities need to be pushed. Carlito's wrestling abilities need to be pushed. Why arn't these two having the best matches of the year right now? Seriously, they could.

Women's division. I hope Victoria leaves for TNA. Micky is great, but has no feud. Trish is with Carlito now & not interested in the title. The others I don't much care for. Maria gets props for trying. Torrie gets props for learning & trying. Candice gets nothing from me. Melina is great but is with Nitro too much.

Kane. He's promoting his stupid film over seas. Also, I've heard he doesn't WANT a title run. I heard he was offered to beat Taker at WM & turned it down. The guy needs to have one awesome terror raising run, retire & then do movies.

Vince on TV I've addressed. I do agree with Damin tho.

Vis & Charlie is indeed dumb. Its a few months too late. Along with that, Vis & Val. Shelton & Charlie, Trevor & Cade & the Highlanders = A TAG DIVISION! ZOMG! they need to do it already. Break up the Spirit Squad & you've got 2 more tag teams!

I've stated my opinion on Carliton vs Nitro.

I've stated about the Spirit Squad.

I've stated about the tag division (or lack thereof)

Again, Tag Teams.......some tag teams SHOULD be a team their entire careers. LOD was & became the best ever. the Dudleyz have been & are the second best ever. The Highlanders have the opportunity to be one of the best. They have a great wrestling style & an awesome gimmick. They both play the parts perfectly. They can be tough, seroious & then funny in promos. Thats what you want. I would build a tag division around them. I feel the tag titles should be united, put 4-5 teams on each show & let the champs move from show to show. This would fill up the silly voids they have in shows. You wouldn't need Diva Search crap. You wouldn't need a bunch of singles beating jobbers. You could focus on Tag divisions, your mid card belt & your world belt. You don't need any more. WWE will NEVER do this so who cares.

TNA has a bad tag division too. They have 3 teams, Naturals (who have Shane Douglas now, could be bad, could be good) AMW (who I hate. their gimick confuses me) & the Dudlyz who are taking time off aparently. Their champs are Styles & Daniels. Ok, if they are going to be a team let them be one for a couple of years. I'd rather them be in the main event scene with Joe & Christian.

ECW..........I still don't like it. Its Vince's version of ECW & I don't like it. I watch, I enjoy a couple minutes here & there but over all its a failure.

Smackdown was awesome last week (not this week). Finlay is US champ now. I love the decision, I just wished he re-named the title to the Ireland Championship. Lol. I love the little bastard. He's my hero.

GAB will be decent..............IF, Booker wins. Kennedy & Batista have a good match & Finlay & Regal have a classic brawl. There is potential but it will most likely be wasted.

JBL's been wrestling a long time. He needs time off. I feel he'll probably never get in the ring full time again. He's a great color guy tho.

Smackdown doesn't get the treatment it should & never will. My hope on it & the rest of the WWE is on very thin ice right now. There is always awesome potential but its usually squandered away with Diva Searches & Test matches.

I agree with SNME. I was pretty bland.

ENGUGH fer now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    House of ZAN Forum Forum Index -> Open Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: