House of ZAN Forum Forum Index House of ZAN Forum
This is the forum for ZAN group

HomeFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar GalleryGallery   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wrestling Radio Show

Post new topic   Reply to topic    House of ZAN Forum Forum Index -> Open Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grand Master Sef
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:37 am    Post subject: Wrestling Radio Show Reply with quote

I wanna do a radio show again. The last one we did was tons of fun but it was about our efeding which is kind of dead now. I wanted to get back into efeding but I'm not really into anyones fed right now & I don't want to spend the time doing my own cuz it takes too much time. I was listening to an LOP radio show where they just talked about real wrestling & whats going on with it. I know we can do a radio show about imaginary wrestling so why not one about REAL wrestling. I mean hell, we all spend so much time every week watching all that crap why not have a way to give our opinions on the whole thing & let others hear it. Not that anyone WOULD listen to it, but whatever.

Keep in mind, this is a simple idea. I'm just seeing what others think. I think we could do it & it would be simple & fun, but thats just me. I like to talk about wrestling, maybe no one else does.
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is probably a silly idea. Radio on fantasy wrestling is probably more fun. lolaska
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you wanna wait until I get home, Adam, I'd work on this with you.

All you need is a basic outline of what you want to discuss, and some colorful characters to discuss them with. I honestly think panel-style discussions often make the best broadcasts (See Fox and Friends, Brit Hume and other news shows of that style.)

I think you, me, Lee and Dana could easily do this. If you wanted to make it REAL fun, you could even mix a LITTLE fantasy into it...like have you act like a mark to everything and everyone, and I'll completely trash it all and say it completely sucks, or vice-versa. Basically do real Wrestling commentary, but in character.

I think it would be fun to try, and we should do it. Either in character, or just us shooting the bull. We just need a way to advertise that we're doing it, and then make SURE we all can come up with something we can talk Charismatically about (you can't do radio in monotone, remember!)
Dana
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think all our opinions on what makes good wrestling storylines are similar enough (and also different enough) that it'd make for a great internet show to those who would listen... I'd be up for doing a show like the Fox News "round table" shows, where we can all ask our own questions to each other and let everyone answer.

Doing a fantasy or efed-based show doesn't interest me much... I'd have to be talking about something or somebody I have a lot of belief in, and I've come to the decision that I don't really believe in e-feds...
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the idea, I am not much of a talker, but I am more then happy to work on the tech side of things, I maybe coming into a sound board of my own soon so I would be able to use regular mic and stuff which would be cool.
But I know that this is getting ahead of the game.. just figured I would offer.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Grand Master Sef
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, quite frankly, I think we should do it then. We should discuss it with Lee.

I'd love to start doing them right away with Lee, Dana & I. I would say just give our honest opinions on stuff cuz we all get so annimated & kid like when we talk about wrestling anyway....instant charisma.

We could use the efed group of people & maybe word of mouth to start out. The only problem I see is being able to have storage room for people to hear them & listen to an archive.

I like the round table idea where we go around & each have a subject (or several even) & then let everyone talk about it. Hell, if we could hook it up right we could have interviews with Damin over seas by vent & ask him thinigs too since I'm pretty sure he's still able to see everything.

We should do this in the next week or two so that we can talk about the ECW PPV.
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, don't take this as an insult or anything, but I think you're getting just a little ahead of yourself. The best of ideas amount to shit without proper planning far too many times (Like my 8th grade shop teacher used to say, Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance)...it's happened to us enough times, and I think we should learn from our mistakes.

If you want to do this ASAP, that's fine. I'll help you in every way I can from where I am (I happen to have spent quite a few hours in writing/communications/speaking/drama classes...go figure!) I can help with your outlines, format, questions, and I may even be able to get on the phone with you sometime and be a phone-in guy.

Now that said, I think you need the kind of planning beforehand that probably won't allow you to cover ECW's debut like you want to (not to say it won't be your hot topic, though). Here's just a few bullet points I really think you should consider:

- You need advertising TIME. My personal suggestion is to start word of mouth through the Efedding guys, but also start dropping some posts on Lords of Pain that you're going to start something.
- Assuming you're interested in advertising on LOP, you will need to make sure that your product is top-notch (which I feel we are capable of, with practice).
- You need to give the word of mouth some time to sink in, while constantly reminding people of it (you can't sell an event in just a week or two - look to WWE as proof of that). I would suggest Adam making some cool graphic for it, and posting it weekly on any relevant boards for a few weeks.
- Don't overdo it. Make your first show an hour tops, maybe even less. This will let your feet get wet without stretching your material. The big problem I saw with our last radio show was gaps of dead air...to sound professional you can have none.

Honestly, I would shoot for having a "debut show" in early August. In the meantime, you can go about getting everything set up for it. Get the sound equipment, start inventing a format (like one of the panel-news shows...watch a few and get some ideas), do a few dry runs and make sure everything works well, even record the dry runs to listen to how you can improve on yourselves. This also gives everyone time to start writing notes on the WWE and TNA. To conduct a serious interview-style show, everyone must know EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING (current, not necessarily histories too), and you'll want time to develop your questions and responses. It may seem like you could fly by the seat of your pants, but trust me, that leads to dead air more often than not. Adam and Lee both have very good on-air personalities and huge knowledge base, but I can tell speaking off the cuff doesn't come as natural to them as I suspect it does for Dana. (For the record, I really look forward to seeing how Dana takes to this, since I've never seen him in any type of entertainment-related event before.)

Personally, I need studying time myself, as I'm missing out completely on TNA and Smackdown. Of course, that is a non-issue until I actually come home...so we can deal with that then. I have been reading all the articles on LOP and OWR. (Hopefully I'll be able to record ECW, but I'll miss every PPV this summer)

I'm of the ilk that I hate to rush things...and I'm a perfectionist as anyone who's worked in theatre with me before surely knows. I'm sure we can do this, and probably cultivate a decent following, even, but we have to be ENTERTAINING and REGULAR. If the first show tanks, then you might as well hang it up, unless you completely shift formats, and I think this idea is great.

Let me know how you guys decide to go, and then I'll decide my level of involvement. This could be huge fun Cool
Grand Master Sef
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah yeah, thats yer bit Damin.....don't rush it! lol, I noes.

We'll see if it even happens. I suppose I just want to do SOMETHING. I am looking at getting a new job (even if its not in my field) just so that I'll have more time in the evenings so that I can

A: play some games
B: get the wow series going, yes I've been writing some & i finally have a set idea on the pilot
C: i want to do something with wrestling & I thought the radio thing would be fun sorry for wanting to do it now Razz If you want us to wait on ya just say so Damin.
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I wanted you to wait on me for the WoW series, aye, but not for the radio show.

I can help with the radio show from over here, I just don't want you to rush it, because with broadcast stuff people pretty much decide if they'll tune in or not with the first show they hear.

Glad to hear you're still working on the series, tho. If you can show me a good plan/plot for it, I would be willing to reactivate just to use my char's again...that's quite possible.
Grand Master Sef
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, i'll send ya a copy of the pilot after i've writen it. then you can critique & add or subract & we'll make it as good as posssible. cuz that pilot will be what grabs peoples attention.

WoW Radio is doing OMFG. Its Original Media For Gamers. It will be like a massive gamer community storing house. Everyone can send in their own crap & upload it as long as it has to do with video games. So, thats already got a lot of veiwers there & then of course warcraftmovies.com will be of help as well. i really hope this goes well & tho I want you to participate i'd like to get it going for sure. even if you can't voice right away purhaps you can be a new character down the line cuz hey, killing off characters & adding new ones is ALWAYS an option! we'll see how it goes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    House of ZAN Forum Forum Index -> Open Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: