House of ZAN Forum Forum Index House of ZAN Forum
This is the forum for ZAN group

HomeFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar GalleryGallery   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ravage's Week in Wrestling

Post new topic   Reply to topic    House of ZAN Forum Forum Index -> Open Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ravage
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 10:53 am    Post subject: Ravage's Week in Wrestling Reply with quote

Okay, so I actually managed to see (tape) RAW this week, and see it. It airs on Tuesdays here, so I'm a little behind, but not terribly so. (I'm also caught up on LOST and ALIAS, but missing everything else). Since I'm not able to actually discuss this with the people I usually do (namely Adam, but also Dana, Lee and Jayrd), I figured I'd post all my thoughts here...and because I'm bored.

I am eating a pretty kickass bacon, egg and cheese sandwich right now, however...
Okay

RAW is currently showing more promise to me right now than it has for the last 2 years. It's strange because just last week I was almost agreeing with Adam that it was all complete crap. This week's episode turned me completely around.

I was disappointed to hear that the Old Man wouldn't be leaving our TV's anytime soon, but appointing Coach to be executive assistant was a step in the right direction (even though we've already had that with Bischoff). Personally, I would be in favor of Coach as GM, if for no other reason than I'd rather be watching him than Vinnie Mac right now. I still think Shane is the best choice, though. Coach is a good heel, though, and not having him announcing is great!

Speaking of announcing...JR/King combo is comfortable again. I like Joey, but he'll be better off at ECW. King's anti-ECW schpeel is getting stale already. Lawler is such a cool guy that it's almost inconceivable that he's against a cool notion like ECW...so it always sounds forced.

Rob vs. Cena at ONS? Okay...but no JBL face-off. That would have been way better. It also pretty much tells you that Edge is losing his shot at the strap next month. (On that note, did anyone really think Show would possibly win that match?)

Speaking of JBL...I think he's headed for ECW. I could be wrong, though, and I think him moving to RAW would be equally cool. He's the best heel in the company right now, he deserves to be on the main show.

On the ECW topic, taking Angle over is the perfect choice. As one of the columnists on LOP said, it gives the promotion immediate legitimacy, as you can't really rely on broken down old guys like Funk, Sandman, Sabu and the slightly less broken down Dreamer and Foley. Angle, Edge, and a couple other WWE faces can really bring a fresh draw, which it will need.

Now with Angle leaving, and JBL's SD future in question...what about the bastard stepson, Smackdown? Here's my prediction: Booker, Benoit and Rey will feud over the WHT for a bit, until the return of Batista. Then you will see a heel turn (probably from Benoit) and you'll have four main-eventers, not counting Taker and Henry-ape. Lashly is good with the US title for now, and he can do some mini-feuds with Matt Hardy, Finlay and maybe Henry-ape until his main nemesis returns: Mr. Kennedy. THAT will be a good feud, and I think those two can put on some great matches. I don't anticipate SD inheriting any more RAW guys...although I still think Carlito would be prime to switch, or Flair. They also need some more undercard.

Now on to my main attraction, and the biggest draw I feel the company has going now...not ECW, not DX, not Cena, but the little ole' Women's Division. With the addition of Beth Phoenix, there is full-fledged legitimate women's competition now. Throw Melina into the fray, and you've got one HELL of a division brewing. As I watched the tag match the other day, I have come to the conclusion that Candace is coming along nicely...much better than I ever thought, and it appears she is actually trying to improve! She's already better than Torrie, Stacey, and Ashley ever were. What's more, you have a definitive division based on hair color! All the blondes are faces, and the brunettes are heel!

This leads me to the conclusion that the following needs to happen: Ship Maria, Lita and Ashley (on her return) to SD. Bring Jillian over to RAW to complete the 4v4 Blonde vs. Brunette war, and you have the makings of some incredible women's matches. Especially considering that Torrie and Candace are the only ones incapable of carrying a match, I'm very VERY excited for the possibilities. Alternatively, if Michelle McCool is still on the table, she could take Torrie's place and get her moved to SD, too. This is STILL the best division in the company, and with Phoenix, it just got even better.

On the Melina note, thank GOD, we can see her entrance! Also, I believe Nitro is going to be the next big thing. I would prefer to see him and Spirit Squad member Kenny go to ECW and learn with Foley, RVD and Angle...Much like I used to think Maven was the next Rock, either of these guys has equal if not greater potential. I was sad, however, to see MNM go. They were easily the best tag-team recently, probably since the Dudleys left. Mercury...well, bye-bye son...

Okay, Kane...WTF? Do they even bother trying to write him well anymore, or are we permanently in the shit/wall sticking frame of writing? This duplicate Kane reeks of recycled. The ONLY way it can be salvaged is to explain it as Taker in disguise, come to "return" Kane to his old self, much like Kane claimed to do years ago to Taker. Then the two of them will go rogue, and proceed to tear up both brands...hell, maybe ECW too. That's really the only way I can say this story isn't complete crap.

Get Khalim the hell off my screen! I never thought I could hate someone more than Henry-ape.

DX returning? Meh, I don't even care! ECW is the big story with RAW right now, and DX would just fade into the background. It's too much too soon. If they do bring it back, it needs to be later, like after Summerslam. Oh, and it just occured to me that Rob Conway would be a GREAT guy for that stable, too.

Umagamal? Don't care, but Armando Alejandro Estrada is the next big thing in managers! He and Daivari are bringing back a huge missing element of WWE. What's with rehashing Vis/Lillian anyway? Dumb...

Big Show...you need a Championship. A Big one.

Terry Funk needs to die before he kills himself.

I'm getting bored of Teddy Long.

Rey still sucks.

Cena is getting mostly cheers again...subliminal stupidity maybe?

Chavo....Chavo, Chavo (shakes head)

Okay, that's it for today. I'd like some conversational views on this, especially since I just typed up such a godawful amount of crap.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    House of ZAN Forum Forum Index -> Open Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: