House of ZAN Forum Forum Index House of ZAN Forum
This is the forum for ZAN group

HomeFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar GalleryGallery   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ESO Beta

Post new topic   Reply to topic    House of ZAN Forum Forum Index -> Open Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ravage
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:46 pm    Post subject: ESO Beta Reply with quote

So I signed up for the Elder Scrolls Online Beta, and I'm pretty sure I have like 2 or 3 keys sitting around now that I'm not using.

Frankly, I read enough reviews saying it was nothing at all like Elder Scrolls (and just another traditional mass-produced MMO) that I haven't even bothered, but if anyone would like a key, let me know and I'll see about hooking you up.

Huzzah!
Deathscythe343
Forum Pro

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive been getting keys off and on for the past couple of months. i have also seen/heard that its not that good. if i get another i will certainly try to pass it on.
Ravage
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It didn't occur to me when I signed up, but with Bethesda not producing the game, and every previous title being specifically single player, an MMO was just a hell of a leap for them to take. There's really no way to keep the "feel" of an ES game in an MMO, because it would have to be highly customizable.

Really, the only two MMO's that have systems reasonably close to TES were Star Wars Galaxies and Eve Online. Only with the customization of SWG, and the player centric warfare/terrain change/economy of EVE would it even come close.
Grand Master Sef
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone played it? I did & rather enjoyed it. It's not a traditional ES game, duh, its an MMO but it has the feel of the same universe. I would try it out before you believe the word of lemmings.
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoyed it for the few weekends I have played.
Grand Master Sef
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This game is Buy to Play now. Yes, you have to buy the game. No there are not subscriptions. I've found it to be a great compromise of traditional single player ES game with MMO features. You can do almost everything by yourself except PVP & some world boss fights. Guilds help this some but mostly are there for the economy since there is no auction house but rather each guild has their own little AH. It's odd at first but works especially if you have a few hundred members who are leveling crafting. Crafting is pretty neat too and useful since you can make equally powerful gear as what drops in game. PVP seems VERY intriguing but being a low level I can't do much without a coordinated group. Honestly, you'd need a coordinated group at higher levels too. You fight over Cyrodil and the Imperial City. Each faction starts with outposts all over and can fight to take over other factions until you conquer it all. Honestly, I haven't seen much of it but it seems like it'll be a fun thing to keep you going in end game.

I recommend this a lot. Questing is easy but takes forever since you can't help but explore this GIANT world while you're out and about. (it's at least 4 -5 times larger than Skyrim). I could see our group doing PVP and questing but yes, it would require a couple of nights a week together to do it. I know that's difficult for some to even attempt.
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am currently playing this as well, I bought it when it came out and not that it it buy to play I have been playing it on and off.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    House of ZAN Forum Forum Index -> Open Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: