House of ZAN Forum Forum Index House of ZAN Forum
This is the forum for ZAN group

HomeFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar GalleryGallery   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OMG COOL

Post new topic   Reply to topic    House of ZAN Forum Forum Index -> Open Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dana
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:26 am    Post subject: OMG COOL Reply with quote

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060405/ap_on_hi_te/apple_software_4

Friggin' cool. My next workstation here will be an Intel Power Mac -- this will keep us from having to buy a PC for jobs that come in Publisher format. Razz
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is awesome, but from what I have read and heard the Intel based mac at the moment. suck balls hard... The MAC isn't setup for most of the their own software yet, so I would say wait until Fall or Winter 2006 before buying one...

Just my opinion.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Dana
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plague wrote:
That is awesome, but from what I have read and heard the Intel based mac at the moment. suck balls hard... The MAC isn't setup for most of the their own software yet

I think I know what you mean here -- basically, the computers w/ Intel chips are out, but most of the software is still designed to run on PowerPC chips.

Apple has built in an emulator called Rosetta in OS X 10.4 which will run PowerPC apps on the new Intel machines until the software companies can catch up. Adobe has been working on all of its software since before Apple made the switch to Intel, so they should be ready by this winter.

From what I've read, there's very little performance hit when running PPC apps thru Rosetta. Only in video editing stuff like After Effects are there many problems. All of Apple's stuff like iMovie, iDVD, etc. are already updated to run on the Intel chips.

I'm predicting that Adobe will have all of its major titles updated around the time the Intel Power Macs hit the stores, and that should happen sometime this year! I can't wait... PLUS it will help out at work, because I won't need to get a PC to open Publisher files on.
Forum User

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy Cow! This is just soooo weird.... remember about 10 years ago, how some of us thought that Apple might do this? Well, looks like one dream IS going to come to fruitition after long-last! I was reading an article today ( http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,190640,00.html ) that wondered out-loud if this would lead to a resurgence of the Mac platform. Personally, I hope it does, b/c I may be able to own an up-to-date Mac once again...
Grand Master Sef
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the REAL question is whether or not it'll be able to play games! I know thats not as important to Dana as it is to say, myself or Lee but honestly........what else are computers for?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    House of ZAN Forum Forum Index -> Open Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: