House of ZAN Forum Forum Index House of ZAN Forum
This is the forum for ZAN group

HomeFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar GalleryGallery   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Steam Deal

Post new topic   Reply to topic    House of ZAN Forum Forum Index -> Open Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ravage
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:28 pm    Post subject: Steam Deal Reply with quote

So for those of you not already in the know about the Steam deals going on this weekend, I thought I'd mention the purchases I made last night. I believe these are still posted for today's sales.

First off, Left 4 Dead 2 is $5. I broke down and bought it finally...I'm sure it's worth it. Maybe we can play at NY's?

The other thing was a $5 package of music based games. Audiosurf is included, with 4 others. One of which (Beat Hazard), is an Asteroids/Galaga game that is simply set to music (and death-inducing for epileptics). The power of your weapons is directly related to the speed/volume of the music. Don't play Beethoven - you will get PWNT. Alone, that game is worth the $5, and if you don't have Audiosurft as well...then that package is an absolute STEAL. Added bonus: it has multiplayer! I need to figure out how that works, and if it's cool or lame.

Now the other 3 games I have mixed feelings about. There is one that is essentially guitar-hero for your fingers. Not bad, considering you can put any of your songs to it, but the sensetivity seems off, thus making it kinda meh. Also, I don't think it detects the beats quite well enough, as it seems I'm clicking randomly, not to the tune.

One of the others is basically a huge fractal field that you pilot a ship through in a 3-D environment. The reactions to the music are beautiful, but as a "game", it's really lacklustre.

The other I can't even make sense of, really. I don't even think I can put my own music to it. It's like a game of tune-based Pong, where if you keep the rhythm, you'll do great. However, if it's not my own music, then bleh.

Just a heads-up for anyone who likes music games. Even if the only two good ones are Audiosurf and Beat Hazard - WELL worth it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    House of ZAN Forum Forum Index -> Open Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: